IGNORED

Joe Williams

pl00peh91

2 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Absolutely changed the game, showed the aggression and directness I remember from his Wigan days. 

Might need to work on his scoop pass though. The one he tried came down with snow in it. 

The scoop pass was hilarious ? 

Yes really disappointed by T today a real non starter for him and great by Williams hope to see lots more of that type of performance over 90 minutes as he gets his fitness back .

And a damn decent performance all round. And fair play to the crowd. I have been known to whinge about the gate not getting behind the side . And they got right on one today and made some good bloody noise 

Wel done  COYR

10 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

A few suggesting he starts the next fixture. Would rather Williams is eased back in with a few cameos before that. Things take time. There’s no rush especially in that area of the pitch. The lad has been out for a long time, a very long time. I’m sure things will be gradual. 

It will be down to Dave Rennie I think, I seem to remember it was Holden playing him two back to back games that set him back before.

13 hours ago, intercity said:

Yes it was a back four initially. I thought we played quite well first half like that, but was always a bit worried about our left side. Dasilva and Pring didn't fill me with confidence and I think Pring was below par. The first part of the second half was very one sided and once Williams and Baker came on, that changed. Well done to Pearson and the team, it looked like we might fold just before 60mins. We didn't and I thought having that back 3, with our  est defenders, was a big part of that.

And Williams too of course.

Agree about pring. He got found out a bit at that level of opposition but that’s fine , he’ll learn . Harrison Reed caused the problem second half taking up a position between Kalas & Tanner but slightly deep causing problems for james , dragging him out of the middle giving their number 24 acres of space . Me & my mate were anxious for us the solve it thinking we’d go 2 down if they didn’t. Good job good coaches don’t panic like us. They closed that gap off with the changes thankfully. Great to see we have really good options off the bench . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, intercity said:

For as good as the first half was, that first 15 of the second half was bad. Williams came on and the momentum Fulham had, was lost.

Williams was the driving force in our midfield just when it seemed we would be overrun. Game changer today. Well done Joe. Big shout out to Palmer too.

It wasn’t bad. They put Harrison Reed on that pulled us out of position in midfield . Fulham are a good side with some very clever players 

17 hours ago, Red Ferret said:

Maybe just me, but Massengo I think would be wasted wide right or in an attacking midfield role. 

I see him as a disruptor and a tackler in the midfield without the ball, and someone who helps retain possession and keep things moving when we do have it

Hes played there a few times this season but tucks in to make a 3 . I don’t seem him as a defensive or attacking midfielder , he’s box to box 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

All this talk of putting Massengo out wide ?Best player at the club.

He played there against Cardiff & was superb . It’s not regimented , it can be fluid . Brownhill used to play there especially in the cup run . He used to tuck in to make a three just like Han did 

• Thanks 1

A fit Joe Williams has always been key to our success. He was a great signing and fingers crossed his injuries are behind him. I also have confidence that Dave Rennie will manage his return well - if that means we have to wait for him to start games sobeit. His sharpness/speed off the mark was what impressed me most yesterday - and that was without match sharpness so it can only get better. 

• Like 4