IGNORED

Quicker, slicker and better

Robbored

A point was a great result. They sliced us open so often in the second half. Thank god they couldn’t finish. 
I’d love us to play football like that but I think it’ll be the percentages for quite a while yet. 
Should have had no points from the last three games really but somehow we’ve got five. Teams love rattling the frame of our goal.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fulham are the best that I’ve seen at AG so far - they were better than us in every area and I’m delighted with a point.

............except the one that counts the most!

P.S. Of course we re all delighted with a point, but as @GrahamC pointed out, they should be that good , what with having parachute payments and spending more in the summer than the rest of the championship put together.

It is hard to believe we are the same team that finished last season so badly. I suspect that many were genuinely worried that Pearson was unable to stop the rot, let alone turn things around after his arrival last season. He’s seems to be making a pretty good fist of proving those fears were ill founded.

I suspect we will have a few hiccups along the way, but also have a funny feeling that we could be pleasantly surmised by how this season pans out. 

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fulham spent more money on players this summer than the other 23 Championship teams combined.

We did incredibly well to match them today but using them as a benchmark is simply ludicrous.

Why is it ludicrous?  Wouldn’t you like City playing like Fulham did today?    :dunno:

They were excellent throughout the game and City did well to escape with a point. I’m hoping that Nige will get City performing regularly as Fulham did during his stay at AG

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2

Thought we had a lot of balls about us today. Their keeper pulled off a worldly from Wells side foot as well. 

We're getting there. 5 unbeaten and good to see the likes of Williams putting in a shift when he came on. Also Bentley at his best. 

Not the finished article yet, but trust in Nige. We'll get there. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why is it ludicrous?  Wouldn’t you like City playing like Fulham did today?    :dunno:

They were excellent throughout the game and City did well to escape with a point. I’m hoping that Nige will get City performing regularly as Fulham did during his stay at AG

We won't play like Fulham, that's not us.

NP brings a different approach. There are values being instilled though that will allow us to compete with the likes of Fulham, without spending huge.

Fulham are a good side but they didn't dominate us, despite their obvious riches.

Likewise, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Some fans just find it impossible to give City any credit whatsoever, we were fantastic today and created some brilliant opportunities. Fulham have some quality players but have only won 1 of their last 5 games losing to Blackpool and Reading, yes they'll probably have enough to go up this season but let's just calm down a bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think what Graham means it's ludicrous untill we have parachute payments.

As much as we would all like city playing like Fulham that's not really possible at the moment. It would probably be like Palace comparing themselves to Man C.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, downendcity said:

............except the one that counts the most!

P.S. Of course we re all delighted with a point, but as @GrahamC pointed out, they should be that good , what with having parachute payments and spending more in the summer than the rest of the championship put together.

It is hard to believe we are the same team that finished last season so badly. I suspect that many were genuinely worried that Pearson was unable to stop the rot, let alone turn things around after his arrival last season. He’s seems to be making a pretty good fist of proving those fears were ill founded.

I suspect we will have a few hiccups along the way, but also have a funny feeling that we could be pleasantly surmised by how this season pans out. 

The only stat that counts is the one which read 1-1

You can out play, out pass or out tackle a team, you have to out score them to win.

Glass half full we are 8th and only a win outside the top six COYR

6 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

I mean their midfielder seri caused 27 million pounds worth more then our whole squad and more ? will be very hard to reach their level and play their type of football when they have those type of recourses.

I didn’t realise he’d cost them that much. Have to say he was mighty impressive though. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

They passed it around crisply. However we were not that far behind them. We will get better, Williams looked very good and Palmer got a goal. A very good day from my perspective!!

And an enjoyable one too. I agree about their passing. But felt we have a little way to go. Completely unscientific, but I just had the impression that they’d string 7 orm8 passes together before losing it, whilst we’d manage 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

Pearson deserves a lot of credit for the subs and change of shape. Every one of them had a huge impact. Williams made a huge difference, everything was quicker and more urgent vs a pedestrian laid back Bakinson. 

I’d also love to hear from those that were saying Palmer was overweight with a bad attitude not too long ago, after asking to play in the u23s game in midweek to get himself back in the squad, finishing the week by scoring a ridiculous equaliser & clapping the fans topless at FT looking absolutely ******* ripped ????

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Agreed, think we don’t need much to make us a real team challenging 

27 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

A home win maybe???

?

Nah.Nigel is making sure we don't win at home in order to give the rest of the championship a fighting chance. :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I think what Graham means it's ludicrous untill we have parachute payments.

As much as we would all like city playing like Fulham that's not really possible at the moment. It would probably be like Palace comparing themselves to Man C.

Of course parachute payments are a significant advantage but I’m talking about the style that Fulham adopted and you don’t necessary need top quality players to copy that style - that’s my point.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it might be difficult but it is possible to play great passing football without parachute payments. Other teams have done it at this level without relying on parachute payments. All about good recruitment, a good youth system is a bonus too and of course a good manager who sets the team up well.

I don't think Pearson's way of playing is like that anyway which is fine.

Love to see a midfield of Massengo, Williams and James

• Like 5

The important thing to remember is that NP will continuously improve this side.
Back in Ashton and Johnson’s day, they had no credible plan as to how to improve the side apart from taking punts on players - after selling the family silver. A scatter gun approach.
NP needs to be backed when he wants to improve the side. What I like is the level of effort, most of the team are putting in nowadays. That is the NP factor. Impressive today.

• Like 4