IGNORED

Radcliffe FC

Red DNA

Seventh tier Radcliffe FC have had their initiative to use ‘super heroes’ on their shirts and get kids on board buying replica shirts thus producing an income stream, but now banned by the FA. 

The reason? It’s blatant advertising ?, so how does that compare to all the betting advertising currently aimed at the younger generation?

Dreadful over reaction from the FA to squash a bit of money making from a lower team. 

Sounds the guy behind it has done a ‘dark side’ goalie shirt which has been selling well.

(apologies but the only link I’ve got is behind Sunday Times paywall ?)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Seventh tier Radcliffe FC have had their initiative to use ‘super heroes’ on their shirts and get kids on board buying replica shirts thus producing an income stream, but now banned by the FA. 

The reason? It’s blatant advertising ?, so how does that compare to all the betting advertising currently aimed at the younger generation?

Dreadful over reaction from the FA to squash a bit of money making from a lower team. 

Sounds the guy behind it has done a ‘dark side’ goalie shirt which has been selling well.

(apologies but the only link I’ve got is behind Sunday Times paywall ?)

https://www.weareradcliffe.com/product/2021-22-ink-d-goalkeeper-shirt-pre-order-/42?cs=true&cst=custom

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

My Man city mates live in Radcliffe remember watching them a few years back told Joe Jordan about a striker called Johnson who later went on to play for Ipswich and forest joe questioned if he was better than Bob Taylor  I said hes on  a par turned out to be a couple of million pound player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

My Man city mates live in Radcliffe remember watching them a few years back told Joe Jordan about a striker called Johnson who later went on to play for Ipswich and forest joe questioned if he was better than Bob Taylor  I said hes on  a par turned out to be a couple of million pound player.

Do you know if they have any strikers now? ?

• Haha 1

So they've got an agreed deal with marvel so no issue with the licensing.

They aren't actively promoting marvel because they've got a different sponsor on their shirt.

How is this advertising? If marvel were the official sponsors would they still quash it? What about every other sponsor? They are technically advertising.

10 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

They aren't actively promoting marvel because they've got a different sponsor on their shirt.

How is this advertising? If marvel were the official sponsors would they still quash it? What about every other sponsor? They are technically advertising.

Perhaps it's advertising because it uses a 'product' not just the company logo? Sponsors promote a brand. 

Just a thought. Still seems really harsh though.

57 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

Isn't it going to be related to the sizing? There are limits on the number and sizing of any sponsorship appearing on kits. 

image.thumb.png.5dcdf917fae344fb502c74611937c888.png

https://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/45/chapter/s8700-kit-and-advertising-regulations/content?section=s8701-a-general