IGNORED

Well Chuffed

Mike Stone

Great effort by everyone in "The Team"

By that I mean the playing squad, coaches, supporters, backroom medical staff, kit man and the one who hasn't used the first person singular since he arrived, preferring the first person plural instead.

He is the one who is running the show but one who is happy for everyone else to take the glory!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Won, lose or draw I'm not one for hanging around to clap the players off, but I made a point of staying til they all left the pitch today. Yes, we probably should have lost, but that level of effort deserves appreciation.  There is something building at the gate, it won't come to anything this season, but somethings brewing.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Won, lose or draw I'm not one for hanging around to clap the players off, but I made a point of staying til they all left the pitch today. Yes, we probably should have lost, but that level of effort deserves appreciation.  There is something building at the gate, it won't come to anything this season, but somethings brewing.  

Very noticeable today how very few people left before the end of the game today 

• Like 2

All of the above, certainly far better to watch, a real team spirit now and definitely something building.

Stay                                                Focused

On                                                   The

Big                                                   Picture

How can you not warm to a team when they give everything, like they did today.  

I’ve got to be honest and say I’ve been turning up out of duty for a long time now, but this season has felt different and today really felt like something could be happening.

Rather than a feeling of resignation when we went behind, both the players and the fans responded and there seemed to be a real buzz around the Gate again.

I left the game today feeling much happier than after a fair few wins in the past and isn’t it great to see a team who look like they genuinely care and aren’t stealing a living off us.

I’m really not bothered about getting that first home win …… play like they did today and we won’t have to wait too long!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Yes as you said BrizzleRed: resignation when we went behind. You could feel it all the way to Sweden that we want to come back and score. They had the game but this team got something. Happy and proud. COYR!!!

No feeling of resignation.

Amen to that brother! ??.

Can already feel the gloom lifting after some really bleak years and total respect to you for still sticking with it over in Sweden after the crap we’ve had to endure ?

• Robin 1

13 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

You say we should of lost but Wells could of had a hatrick 

12 hours ago, bearded_red said:

We’re not brilliant and there are plenty of teams better than us, but, and I know this is overly simplistic, but I just really like this team and I really like the manager. 

I’ll give them all the support I can.

I'm not being arselicky, but I think it was fair to say Fulham were better than us. On a man-for-man basis much better; as you'd expect from a club with plenty of players of PL pedigree, who have much more money to spend than us.

On most days you'd not expect Mitrovic to miss the two sitters he was handed at the end of the match.

But he did and we ground out a point using something that has been absent for the team for some time - brass balls.  

Nigel has given them belief and guts - and that is at least half the battle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look how much more the Fulham squad cost compared to ours.

Pearson is developing a group of players who have pride, belief and gritty determination.

Yeah, in certain areas we lack quality and creativity, but I have no doubt Pearson is well aware of this and already taking steps to address this.

First things first.

Pearson has started laying the core foundation. Build team spirit and desire, instil pride and belief and inculcate a battling/winning mentality.

I'm confident he will identify (if he hasn't already done so) and bring in the additional players we need, and get signed up for a reasonable price.

1-1 against Fulham is more than I expected.

Keep it going City.

• Like 5

Personally I think we are a very solid eighth after we lost four points to last minute goals. (And would have been handely sixth).

I don’t understand the thought of some that we won’t be challenging at least for a good deal of the season, it quite frankly doesn’t make any sense. 

We are actually not bad and getting better, having added two new players! 

• Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Personally I think we are a very solid eighth after we lost four points to last minute goals. (And would have been handely sixth).

I don’t understand the thought of some that we won’t be challenging at least for a good deal of the season, it quite frankly doesn’t make any sense. 

We are actually not bad and getting better, having added two new players! 

We gained 2 points last week with an injury time winner.  Sorry to be a kill-joy. ?

5 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Amen to that brother! ??.

Can already feel the gloom lifting after some really bleak years and total respect to you for still sticking with it over in Sweden after the crap we’ve had to endure ?

I vått och torrt we say in Sweden. Thick and thin you say in English? Whatever happens, support your team.

• Like 4

I will whisper it but I am seeing échos of Terry Cooper’s rebuild, admittedly at a lower level , but developing a real spirit between the youngsters and a few older lads who’ve been around the block all within the financial constraints of the moment. 

There is a feeling of everyone at the club pulling in the same direction. 

‘Well done’ Mr Pearson and ‘ thank you ‘ uncle Steve for accepting to bring in an experienced man and then letting him get on with the job.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

I vått och torrt we say in Sweden. Thick and thin you say in English? Whatever happens, support your team.

It’s the tough times that make the good times so much sweeter.

How boring must it be for the likes of the big six when for them ‘ tough times’ mean missing out on the top six or a major trophy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I will whisper it but I am seeing échos of Terry Cooper’s rebuild, admittedly at a lower level , but developing a real spirit between the youngsters and a few older lads who’ve been around the block all within the financial constraints of the moment. 

There is a feeling of everyone at the club pulling in the same direction. 

‘Well done’ Mr Pearson and ‘ thank you ‘ uncle Steve for accepting to bring in an experienced man and then letting him get on with the job.

I’m a 100% sure that SL did not interfere with any of the managers he employed. He told them his expectations or remit if you prefer and let them get on with it. 

To me Ashton was the stumbling block who undoubtedly did try to interfere as much as he could. Thankfully I can’t imagine that RG would do the same.

Edited by Robbored
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’m a 100% sure that SL did not interfere with any of the managers he employed. He told them his expectations or remit if you prefer and let them get on with it. 

To me Ashton was the stumbling block who undoubtedly did try to interfere as much as he could. Thankfully I can’t imagine that RG would do the same.

I’m not.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not.

SL a financial wizard but is the first to admit that he doesn’t have a deep knowledge of the game and I seriously doubt he’d  ‘advise’ a fully qualified manager on who to select or what shape to adopt…….Ashton on the other hand…….:cool2:

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SL a financial wizard but is the first to admit that he doesn’t have a deep knowledge of the game and I seriously doubt he’d  ‘advise’ a fully qualified manager on who to select or what shape to adopt…….Ashton on the other hand…….:cool2:

Can interfere in many other ways Alan. ?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can interfere in many other ways Alan. ?

SL does own the club Dave and all major decisions are made only with his approval.

As long has he doesn’t interfere with the managers way of running the playing element of the club I really couldn’t care any less what else he my get involved with.