IGNORED

Can KP shag our wives again?

Samarkand999

I’m absolutely delighted he scored yesterday but let’s not get carried away.

When he was fouled just before the 90 minute mark I reckon it was almost the only other time in the game that he had touched the ball after coming on.

Just after that he was sleeping to a second ball, allowing Seri to have a shot that was deflected on to the bar.

He seems a decent sort & the gesture at the final whistle was lovely, but I cannot see how we incorporate him into the side (or why we would), as he is far too inconsistent & gives us too little too often for me.

None of this is a criticism of his effort, it is just the player he is.

• Like 3

What a talent . Doesn’t do enough to warrant a start as he has a problem applying himself.  Seen glimpses of what he’s capable of and he won’t be the last big talent at the Gate not to fulfil his potential.  Such a gifted player . Maybe Nige is the man to get the best out of him , hope so.  

• Like 1

30 years ago a player with KP’s  ability could well have been  playing in the top flight.

The demands of the game these days are such that while natural ability and flair are important,  managers demand so much more of players off the ball/work rate  the higher up the football ladder you go, the more important consistency becomes.

I suspect he is a confidence player and needs to feel an integral part of a team to produce his best. Unfortunately, from when he first arrived KP suffered somewhat by being in and out of the team  and LJ’s chopping and changing philosophy never gave him much chance to really establish himself, allied to having a pretty weak midfield at that time, although he probably did himself few favours when he did get the chance.

Funnily enough,  he would probably do well with the midfield we now have available, but conversely  would find it tough because Pearson clearly expects his players to give 100% throughout a game and to maintain performances consistently and KP is all to prone to lapses of concentration, switching off physically during games and, although improved, his off the ball work is still not the best.

I’ve always wondered how he’d fare if played up front?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I know for fact that KP has an ongoing injury issue. I can’t say anymore than that really, but it’s true.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

That was my wife's fault.

Pulled something?

39 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

I suspect that if the song was only allowed to be sung by those whose wives he might actually like to shag, it would be a somewhat quieter rendition ?

At Blackburn away a couple of years ago when Kasey came on as a sub, the song started up and the bloke in front of me joined in, after which he turned to his teenage son next to him and said "don't tell your mother"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

30 years ago a player with KP’s  ability could well have been  playing in the top flight.

The demands of the game these days are such that while natural ability and flair are important,  managers demand so much more of players off the ball/work rate  the higher up the football ladder you go, the more important consistency becomes.

I suspect he is a confidence player and needs to feel an integral part of a team to produce his best. Unfortunately, from when he first arrived KP suffered somewhat by being in and out of the team  and LJ’s chopping and changing philosophy never gave him much chance to really establish himself, allied to having a pretty weak midfield at that time, although he probably did himself few favours when he did get the chance.

Funnily enough,  he would probably do well with the midfield we now have available, but conversely  would find it tough because Pearson clearly expects his players to give 100% throughout a game and to maintain performances consistently and KP is all to prone to lapses of concentration, switching off physically during games and, although improved, his off the ball work is still not the best.

Well... Nige has dangled the carrot by saying that we don't usually play with a number 10 it haven't been... Possibly meaning he sees kp there.

Also... loves a tackle does Kasey...

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

At Blackburn away a couple of years ago when Kasey came on as a sub, the song started up and the bloke in front of me joined in, after which he turned to his teenage son next to him and said "don't tell your mother"

The mother was sat the other side of him though, and she was singing the song at the top of her voice!

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think he could do a job up front he's technically probably our best player. I think if he was coached he could well do a job  he's got the attributes to be a forward. Quick, strong and I think he could be quite good in the air. The only question I would ask will he put his head in where it hurts?

23 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

He’s like Jamie Patterson, 1 in 10 he’s outstanding and pretty much absent for the other 9.

.... but Jamie P would at least be given a run of 10 games, during which he’d manage 1 outstanding.

Can’t remember KP ever having a run of games such as was afforded to JP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

.... but Jamie P would at least be given a run of 10 games, during which he’d manage 1 outstanding.

Can’t remember KP ever having a run of games such as was afforded to JP. 

His best run was 5….last season….when he scored against Brum and Swansea.  LJ never selected him more than twice on the trot.  Holden shipped him to Swansea.

Lovely little hug from Nige as he walked off the pitch.

He’s a part of the squad, seems like he’s knuckling down, boosted by good man-management…just hope he does well when he plays.  With Williams yesterday we had a bit more fluidity about our play.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2021 at 10:07, GrahamC said:

I’m absolutely delighted he scored yesterday but let’s not get carried away.

When he was fouled just before the 90 minute mark I reckon it was almost the only other time in the game that he had touched the ball after coming on.

Just after that he was sleeping to a second ball, allowing Seri to have a shot that was deflected on to the bar.

He seems a decent sort & the gesture at the final whistle was lovely, but I cannot see how we incorporate him into the side (or why we would), as he is far too inconsistent & gives us too little too often for me.

None of this is a criticism of his effort, it is just the player he is.

Really glad to have you back posting Graham!

• Thanks 1