IGNORED

Kasey Palmer’s finish

Fordy62

Yes great execution and right place right time.

Did you see Weimann run past him when both were trying to get back to defend late in the game, that’s what he needs to add to his game, maybe not Weimannesque as that lad is a machine, but Palmer can and must work harder to nail down a place.

If Nige can get that out of him he has a future…we shall see.

I’d also go as far as to say what a great attitude he has shown too - reported in the week that he specifically asked NP if he could play in the U23s game (presumably he wasn’t scheduled too) v. Posh where he played a full 90. Maybe without that he wouldn’t have even made the bench yesterday and/or been considered as an option to come on. 

Either way. Fair play to him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Yes great execution and right place right time.

Did you see Weimann run past him when both were trying to get back to defend late in the game, that’s what he needs to add to his game, maybe not Weimannesque as that lad is a machine, but Palmer can and must work harder to nail down a place.

If Nige can get that out of him he has a future…we shall see.

I’m a bit shocked….Weimann had a couple of lazy runs back yesterday too.  There were a couple where he didn’t track Robinson back at all.  Shame on him ???

2 minutes ago, dave36 said:

One moment of brilliance, great but he needs to wake up!

Had his chance with the u23’s and was a passenger, watching him pre match in the warm ups, he a messer and if anything disruptive.

Have to agree there is a player in there somewhere but he still has a long way to go to earn a starting place.

I wouldn’t have said he was a passenger, more that things didn’t come off for him.  He wasn’t at full throttle, I’ll admit that, but he wasn’t a passenger either…he just wasn’t as good as he ought to have been.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m a bit shocked….Weimann had a couple of lazy runs back yesterday too.  There were a couple where he didn’t track Robinson back at all.  Shame on him ???

I wouldn’t have said he was a passenger, more that things didn’t come off for him.  He wasn’t at full throttle, I’ll admit that, but he wasn’t a passenger either…he just wasn’t as good as he ought to have been.

Are Chris Martin's Wyscout stats as bad as I fear they might be Fevs?

Just now, Super said:

Was he not offside?

He was. Exactly the reason i don’t want VAR in the championship. Went mental when i realised it went in and would of had the biggest comedown after 5 minutes of not knowing whats going on only for the ref to point for offside. Long live basic technology free football please

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

He was. Exactly the reason i don’t want VAR in the championship. Went mental when i realised it went in and would of had the biggest comedown after 5 minutes of not knowing whats going on only for the ref to point for offside. Long live basic technology free football please

Just saw it again really is a shocker of a decision.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Was he not offside?

Yes, he was.

But they got away with a blatant red card, so should have played half the game with 10 men.

As Nige rightly pointed out afterwards if Silva wants to winge about one, he can’t ignore the other.

• Like 12

I commented on Twitter yesterday that after watching several times I cannot work out :-

1. How he got so much power from basically an outstretched leg poke

2. How it got passed the keeper who was basically touching Kasey

There was literally no angle for that ball to end up in the roof of the net - bizarre !!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In what way are you expecting them to be bad?

There was someone sat behind me yesterday (an idiot, they said at one stage we should bring HNM on) repeatedly slagging him off.

I genuinely don’t know what they expect, again yesterday he won loads of headers, directing them (like the sitter that Wells missed) into the path of team mates.

We know he lacks pace but he battles away up top & his fitness has been a revelation for someone who is 33 soon & missed the second half of last season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Meh said:

I commented on Twitter yesterday that after watching several times I cannot work out :-

1. How he got so much power from basically an outstretched leg poke

2. How it got passed the keeper who was basically touching Kasey

There was literally no angle for that ball to end up in the roof of the net - bizarre !!

From the LS I’ve no idea either….assumed it went in through the side netting ???

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

There was someone sat behind me yesterday (an idiot, they said at one stage we should bring HNM on) repeatedly slagging him off.

I genuinely don’t know what they expect, again yesterday he won loads of headers, directing them (like the sitter that Wells missed) into the path of team mates.

We know he lacks pace but he battles away up top & his fitness has been a revelation for someone who is 33 soon & missed the second half of last season.

You now now where @mozo sits ???

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In what way are you expecting them to be bad?

He gave the ball away with all but 2 of his touches as I saw it. A couple of good flick ons. Didn't see any tackles or interceptions and presume he lost most of his battles. And from an attacking sense I didn't see any key passes or shots?

Happy to be corrected by the stats?!

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yeah that was me. Massengo was anonymous all game wasn't he?! ?

My criticism of Martin wasn't running or heading it was with his feet. Every touch with his feet seemed misdirected and careless. Can't ignore that, surely?

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

He gave the ball away with all but 2 of his touches as I saw it. A couple of good flick ons. Didn't see any tackles or interceptions and presume he lost most of his battles. And from an attacking sense I didn't see any key passes or shots?

Was it not his shot that the keeper saved only for Palmer to score ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

My general view was that he was “okay” yesterday.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Stats. FWIW.

5376C5A3-B3B7-4FC1-9601-6114A417FA79.thumb.jpeg.5adb7d65436f015d92cbfb399fc719b0.jpeg

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Was it not his shot that the keeper saved only for Palmer to score ?

That's a very good point!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My general view was that he was “okay” yesterday.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Stats. FWIW.

5376C5A3-B3B7-4FC1-9601-6114A417FA79.thumb.jpeg.5adb7d65436f015d92cbfb399fc719b0.jpeg

Ta

Not arguing - plenty of people have said he was offside including the pundits on Quest last night, but didn’t their keeper play him back on from the original save? I thought that if the ball came off an opposition player then you were no longer offside? Van Nistelrooy made a rather successful career from that type of goal poaching. 
Have the rules changed or do I simply not understand them?

Edited by bcfcredandwhite