IGNORED

Brentford

Lanterne Rouge

If ever there was a club setting out a template for success at our level, it's them.

Not massively financed and with modest crowds by virtue of living under the shadow of bigger neighbours, what Brentford have achieved is awesome. 

And you knew the same logical, deliberate, professional approach would continue into the Top Flight.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If ever there was a club setting out a template for success at our level, it's them.

Not massively financed and with modest crowds by virtue of living under the shadow of bigger neighbours, what Brentford have achieved is awesome. 

And you knew the same logical, deliberate, professional approach would continue into the Top Flight.

What a strange world we live in.

On Twitter I saw Jah Wobble, former bass guitarist in Public Image Ltd and all round good bloke, congratulate them but wisely point out it is finding the model that fits your club, not copy their somewhat unique one.

Wonder if he’s available to start doing Football Focus? Far better insight than ***** like Jenas & Savage..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On Twitter I saw Jah Wobble, former bass guitarist in Public Image Ltd and all round good bloke, congratulate them but wisely point out it is finding the model that fits your club, not copy their somewhat unique one.

Wonder if he’s available to start doing Football Focus? Far better insight than ***** like Jenas & Savage..

As an Arsenal fan, he must be wishing his club found some sort of model of success!

Just now, GrahamC said:

Spurs.

Ah right. I had sort of assumed that with Rotten and his mates being big Arse fans, he would be too.

I did read his autobiography and perhaps Spurs were mentioned there, but I was too turned off by his constant chip-on-the-shoulder, little-man-syndrome to take that detail in.

One of the few music autobiogs I've read that diminished the writer in my eyes.

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you thought Jeans and Savage were bad you should have seen it yesterday. What a joke, it was like watching Lose Women! I actually turn it off. 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Jah Wobble saw him at Glastonbury!!,

Good point he made .

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ah right. I had sort of assumed that with Rotten and his mates being big Arse fans, he would be too.

I did read his autobiography and perhaps Spurs were mentioned there, but I was too turned off by his constant chip-on-the-shoulder, little-man-syndrome to take that detail in.

The one for me was Pete Townshends. Couldn’t even finish it, came across as a sanctimonious arsehole.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit obscure (but liking the tangent that this thread has taken), Wolfgang Flur, out of Kraftwerk, one of music’s most influential ever groups, wrote the worst autobiography that I have ever read.

Written by someone with such a high opinion of himself, you were only the ******* (electronic) drummer mate, Florian Schneider (RIP) & Ralf Hutter were the 2 actual geniuses.

Bit like if Ringo had reckoned that McCartney & Lennon owed all their success to him, I never finished it, but what a complete tosser.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bit obscure (but liking the tangent that this thread has taken), Wolfgang Flur, out of Kraftwerk, one of music’s most influential ever groups, wrote the worst autobiography that I have ever read.

Written by someone with such a high opinion of himself, you were only the ******* (electronic) drummer mate, Florian Schneider (RIP) & Ralf Hutter were the 2 actual geniuses.

Bit like if Ringo had reckoned that McCartney & Lennon owed all their success to him, I never finished it, but what a complete tosser.

I read that one - I Was A Robot, isn't it called? - and rather liked it, until it came to the interminable bit where he goes into all the ins and outs of his legal dispute with Schneider & Hutter.  Both Holly Johnson and John Lydon's books make the same mistake. Legal battles over royalties might be fascinating to you, mate, but to the rest of us they are like the outtakes of an old episode of Crown Court.

Just to steer this thread even further off course, two examples of autobiographies of people I had considered utter tossers but who after reading their stories I changed my mind on, are Keith Allan's and both of Russell Brand's.  Got given these tomes as presents and was not only surprised I enjoyed them, but left with the feeling that I wouldn't mind a pint with either author.  Both as mad as a box of frogs, but entertaining and aware of their own faults.

• Haha 1