IGNORED

Fulham players goal celebration

Norn Iron

16 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Apologies if it has already been mentioned on another thread but it deserves more recognition.

https://news.sky.com/story/a-beautiful-moment-in-the-beautiful-game-fulham-players-celebrate-with-young-disabled-fan-who-was-bullied-online-12418708

Well done Fulham!

At the time I wondered why one of the players was climbing over the hoarding. Such a lovely thing to do, seen some photos of Bobby with the young lad too. 

19 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Apologies if it has already been mentioned on another thread but it deserves more recognition.

https://news.sky.com/story/a-beautiful-moment-in-the-beautiful-game-fulham-players-celebrate-with-young-disabled-fan-who-was-bullied-online-12418708

Well done Fulham!

You should not fall for that event. It's just another clever way of time wasting and delaying the restart of the match. Players are only allowed to leave the pitch during a match with the permission of the referee. Taking a corner, goal kick or throw in is not leaving the pitch.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 2

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You should not fall for that event. It's just another clever way of time wasting and delaying the restart of the match. Players are only allowed to leave the pitch during a match with the permission of the referee. Taking a corner, goal kick or throw in is not leaving the pitch.

Wow. I thought it was a nice touch. Would be happy seeing our players doing that to one of our fans if we scored 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I cannot emphasise how little I care about supposed "time-wasting" in a situation like this.

Far more important than football, this absolutely made the kids day.

• Like 10

• The title was changed to Fulham players goal celebration
30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very cynical CA!  Bearing in mind Tim Ream had done an interview with him earlier in the week, and they’d added him to their squad….I think this shows the human side of football….and I’m all for it.

Or a hell of a lot of pre planning by Fulham to fool everyone and waste a few seconds. It's all about the details you know.?

Seriously though, I agree with the OP, what a great gesture.

47 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The ref could add on the time… I thought it was a lovely gesture. If it was on 93rd minute, you might have a case but the ref would just stop the clock…

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

And they say all the fun and enjoyment's gone out of the game.....

And if you must quote the Laws of Football at least take the trouble to get them right. Players leave the field of play for all sorts of reasons without the referee's permission yet are not considered to have committed an offence. Ever seen players asking the ref to leave the pitch at half-time or full-time, or a player writhing in agony with a broken leg on the stretcher asking if he may exit, or any player leaving the park when substituted?

Taking a corner, goal kick or throw in IS leaving the pitch, though are considered normal playing motions, as would be running back in from the sideline if forced out, none of which are offences. A player exiting the pitch via the goal line and without permission may no longer physically be on the pitch but is considered to remain ON the pitch at the goal line.

Law 12 explicitly states players DO NOT commit an offence for leaving the pitch to celebrate a goal and prescribes those offences that may occur under such circumstance. On Saturday no Fulham player committed an offence.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Very cynical CA!  Bearing in mind Tim Ream had done an interview with him earlier in the week, and they’d added him to their squad….I think this shows the human side of football….and I’m all for it.

2 hours ago, onlyotib said:

Wow. I thought it was a nice touch. Would be happy seeing our players doing that to one of our fans if we scored 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The ref could add on the time… I thought it was a lovely gesture. If it was on 93rd minute, you might have a case but the ref would just stop the clock…

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

And they say all the fun and enjoyment's gone out of the game.....

Law 12 explicitly states players DO NOT commit an offence for leaving the pitch to celebrate a goal and prescribes those offences that may occur under such circumstance. On Saturday no Fulham player committed an offence.

I may be wrong (I hope not!), but, based on @cidered abroad background and posting history, I suspect his post was made somewhat tongue in cheek. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Well done Fulham!

I had mentioned it on the game day thread, as I was surprised how little had been made of it.

I would hope we would do a similar thing if it was one of our fans.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Davefevs

I knew that I would get some flack and be labelled cynical and to an extent you are correct.

If the Fulham team wanted to acknowledge the boy, they could have arranged it to be during their warm up or immediately after the game ended. Not during the game.

Clubs and players now use every method of breaking up the rhythm of the game especially when they are leading. It's overdone already!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes he could but when do they actually add enough?

One should also remember that a team is at it's most vulnerable of conceding, immediately after they score. Take a couple of minutes to go to the lad with our players itching to get going again without delay.

Followed by a slow walk back to positions and the last one to do that is always a striker who wanders across the centre circle - 20 yards of further delay.

Edited by cidered abroad

Agree it was a lovely touch to celebrate with the lad, saw the interview on BBC Breakfast with him, his Mum and Time Ream.  The boy couldn't control his emotions and sobbed when Time Ream appeared, it was very moving.

Re the celebrations for their goal, I thought Bobby Reid looked rather too happy, certainly a lot happier than Nakhi was a week earlier.  Perhaps our fond feelings for him are not reciprocated?

There was a lovely interview with young Rhys and his mum on the Radio 4 Today programme. He sounded so happy and proud it made me feel good just listening to it. He also said the bullies will not beat him.

How sick must you be to abuse a disabled child online? It beggars belief what must be going on in these lowlives` minds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes he could but when do they actually add enough?

One should also remember that a team is at it's most vulnerable of conceding, immediately after they score. Take a couple of minutes to go to the lad with our players itching to get going again without delay.

Followed by a slow walk back to positions and the last one to do that is always a striker who wanders across the centre circle - 20 yards of further delay.

DId the celebration take significantly longer than Kasey's? I don't really remember thinking the Fulham players celebrated for any longer than usual.

Teams very regularly spend 30 secs or so going mental in front of their fans - I think it's nearly always down to being happy they've scored a goal.

Think you're seeing supposed gamemenship where there isn't any, to be honest
Teams

5 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Well done Fulham!

Saw the story  on the bbc news,nice gesture Fulham, well done!,

50 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There was a lovely interview with young Rhys and his mum on the Radio 4 Today programme. He sounded so happy and proud it made me feel good just listening to it. He also said the bullies will not beat him.

How sick must you be to abuse a disabled child online? It beggars belief what must be going on in these lowlives` minds.

Yeah but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the rest need to accommodate their younger demographic (like the ones giving that kid a load of abuse) who would apparently be reluctant to sign up online with a registered name and address that would come back to them and their parents therefore this type of abuse must be allowed to prosper...................

That was the excuse that the middle class white woman representing them gave for allowing online racism to continue unabated anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

@Davefevs

I knew that I would get some flack and be labelled cynical and to an extent you are correct.

If the Fulham team wanted to acknowledge the boy, they could have arranged it to be during their warm up or immediately after the game ended. Not during the game.

Clubs and players now use every method of breaking up the rhythm of the game especially when they are leading. It's overdone already!

What rubbish.