IGNORED

High Performance Centre

CiderCraig

57 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Taking my daughter to see Bristol City women v Sunderland next Sunday, has anyone been there yet who can advise whether there is cover over the seating area please? 

Weather looks dubious and wondered whether we're in for a potential soaking! 

Cheers guys

It's a proper covered stand Craig, shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Taking my daughter to see Bristol City women v Sunderland next Sunday, has anyone been there yet who can advise whether there is cover over the seating area please? 

Weather looks dubious and wondered whether we're in for a potential soaking! 

Cheers guys

We do some work up there. All the seating is covered and a lovely pitch as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @CiderCraig hope you & your daughter enjoy the game this Sunday. If you're beginning on following the team, I suggest you follow the City Women thread, and also check out the Vixencast podcast I co-host, if podcasts are your thing.

I'm also one of the City Women Fans reps for the Supporters Club & Trust, so if you have any more questions, please let me know, or email citywomen@bristolcitysupporters.org

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why do we not have lady's playing at the gate more. Been seen them when at the gate as easy on the no.24 bus. But I not sure there any easy bus routes  to training ground.

Sorry my thought whilst unable to sleep 

I can’t imagine it’s great for anyone to be trying to play a game with 1000 or so rattling about in a stadium that holds closer to 28,000.

10 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I can’t imagine it’s great for anyone to be trying to play a game with 1000 or so rattling about in a stadium that holds closer to 28,000.

I would also add we already have the rugby and football on there so another set of fixtures is going to cut up the pitch more I would have thought

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I would also add we already have the rugby and football on there so another set of fixtures is going to cut up the pitch more I would have thought

@Littlesh*t

If you are referring to the Ashton Gate pitch, we have had football and rugby on it since the new pitch was introduced about six years ago.

Have you seen it "cut up" at any time because me and many thousands of other City and Bears have not.

It is among the very best pitches in the country, superbly designed and maintained to an amazing standard by the ground staff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Hi @CiderCraig hope you & your daughter enjoy the game this Sunday. If you're beginning on following the team, I suggest you follow the City Women thread, and also check out the Vixencast podcast I co-host, if podcasts are your thing.

I'm also one of the City Women Fans reps for the Supporters Club & Trust, so if you have any more questions, please let me know, or email citywomen@bristolcitysupporters.org

Thank you for the information, very kind of you.

I've taken her to a couple of men's matches in Weston, also an England v Spain women's International and thought the chance to introduce her to Bristol City in a slightly less daunting surrounding than Ashton Gate (that will come in time though!).

I'm looking forward to it and will give the thread you've mentioned a visit. Will also down the podcast and listen on the journey up/back on Sunday (presuming it's child-friendly?!).

Thanks once again,

Craig 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why do we not have lady's playing at the gate more. Been seen them when at the gate as easy on the no.24 bus. But I not sure there any easy bus routes  to training ground.

There will still be a handful of matches played at Ashton Gate. 

Playing games at the HPC has replaced playing games at SGS Wise (or Twerton but not sure if fans were ever able to attend those due to Covid) 

The club has arranged a special bus service to the HPC for match days to allow for easier access: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/travel/hpc-travel/

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I would think that, 12 Rugby matches, 23 football matches and half a dozen U23's is considered enough. I would think any big games would be switched, but the Training ground does make sense, for the U23's too.

There was mention of a direct Bus to the ground, can't remember from where though.

35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would think that, 12 Rugby matches, 23 football matches and half a dozen U23's is considered enough. I would think any big games would be switched, but the Training ground does make sense, for the U23's too.

There was mention of a direct Bus to the ground, can't remember from where though.

Yes me sort of thoughts tool, just Ned to find bus to Failend then 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Playing games at the HPC has replaced playing games at SGS Wise (or Twerton but not sure if fans were ever able to attend those due to Covid) 

The club has arranged a special bus service to the HPC for match days to allow for easier access: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/travel/hpc-travel/

Brillaint link , top job , thanks 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@Littlesh*t

If you are referring to the Ashton Gate pitch, we have had football and rugby on it since the new pitch was introduced about six years ago.

Have you seen it "cut up" at any time because me and many thousands of other City and Bears have not.

It is among the very best pitches in the country, superbly designed and maintained to an amazing standard by the ground staff.

I know it is a great pitch. What I am saying is if we have another set of fixtures on the pitch it gives less time for ground keepers and what ever work they do between the current fixtures with extra games on the pitch.

Think you are jumping on a comment and taking it as though I am slagging the club off.

9 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I know it is a great pitch. What I am saying is if we have another set of fixtures on the pitch it gives less time for ground keepers and what ever work they do between the current fixtures with extra games on the pitch.

Think you are jumping on a comment and taking it as though I am slagging the club off.

@Littlesh*t

"Will cut up more". That sounds like it does now. Have you ever looked at it carefully after two matches on consecutive days in rainy weather? I have and it resembles a billiard table. 

The Dessa pitch is very resistant to having lumps kicked out of it. There are pieces of polypropylene cord (or string) 20 centimetres long implanted vertically into the soil at 2cm in both directions. They protrude above soil by about 5mm. The purpose of them is for the grass roots to entwine with them. This minimises grass roots being kicked out of the ground. The green grass may go but as the roots remain, grass will grow again.

As for the old days when football was played in all weathers and became sodden due to poor drainage, the level of the pitch was raised by approx 35 cm with a totally new drainage system installed. So rainwater disappears from the surface very quickly.

Sorry if I sound overbearing but I made a point of reading the Desso data when the pitch was installed at a cost of £1.5 million. So City's pitch is up there with the best. One day we might match them in a game on it for season after season.

9 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I suspect it`s more about the cost of opening the stadium, floodlights, concessions etc for around 1k fans at best.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

39 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

@Littlesh*t

"Will cut up more". That sounds like it does now. Have you ever looked at it carefully after two matches on consecutive days in rainy weather? I have and it resembles a billiard table. 

The Dessa pitch is very resistant to having lumps kicked out of it. There are pieces of polypropylene cord (or string) 20 centimetres long implanted vertically into the soil at 2cm in both directions. They protrude above soil by about 5mm. The purpose of them is for the grass roots to entwine with them. This minimises grass roots being kicked out of the ground. The green grass may go but as the roots remain, grass will grow again.

As for the old days when football was played in all weathers and became sodden due to poor drainage, the level of the pitch was raised by approx 35 cm with a totally new drainage system installed. So rainwater disappears from the surface very quickly.

Sorry if I sound overbearing but I made a point of reading the Desso data when the pitch was installed at a cost of £1.5 million. So City's pitch is up there with the best. One day we might match them in a game on it for season after season.

I admit my wording may not have been great but you are really grasping at one small part. Even though if it cuts up a little bit than would still be "cut up more" than not at all. 

I know our pitch is great but I admit I am not as informed as you are when it comes to grass. The more games you put on any pitch I would have thought ups the risk of damage especially with bad weather but to be honest I am not really that fussed as it isn't happening and I really don't care about grass as much as you.

Edited by Littlesh*t

14 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Will also down the podcast and listen on the journey up/back on Sunday (presuming it's child-friendly?!)

It usually is. In the latest episode, I made reference to the "That's a huge b***h" meme in reference to how big/tall a lot of the Durham players were in comparison to City's, but that's a rare exception...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The home game against Blackburn on November 14th will be at Ashton Gate. I expect there to be another one this season.
The Conti Cup home game against Lewes three days later seems to be incorrectly advertised for Ashton Gate, according to its Facebook event, but as far am I'm aware, that should be at the RHPC.

And yes, it's great for the club/FirstBus to arrange bus travel to the RHPC, a venue otherwise difficult to get to by public transport!

On 30/09/2021 at 09:58, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So now I sorted hot to get to high performance centre on bus for lady's fixtures. Is it pay on the day of ticket needed in advance ?

Sorry, haven't been on OTIB in the last couple of days. It usually has been pay in advance this season but the club have announced that tickets will be available on the gate!

Edited by shahanshahan