IGNORED

U23s - Ipswich (a)

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Surprised Janneh hasn't  been involved with the first team a bit more recently after his two goals at Forest Green.

Had a really good pre-season, but I don’t think Nige was impressed with his sub appearance at Middlesbrough nor his work rate / defensive side v Forest Green, despite the two goals.  He’s not better than the 20/22 Nige has been picking his 18 from. Has been part of travelling party though for some games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Had a really good pre-season, but I don’t think Nige was impressed with his sub appearance at Middlesbrough nor his work rate / defensive side v Forest Green, despite the two goals.  He’s not better than the 20/22 Nige has been picking his 18 from. Has been part of travelling party though for some games.

I think that is fair but hope we see more of him and his game develops as the season progresses. He is raw but I think, in a team of solid hard-working professionals, him and Semenyo offer a certain random unpredictable element which offers something we don’t have elsewhere in the squad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Is Ashton watching ?

Are you watching Maaark Ashhhton? Your boys took one hell of a beating! One hell of a beating!  Mark Ashton, serial killer Steve Wright, Tolly Cobbold beer, erm Russell Osman [clutching at straws here!]   Your boys took one hell of a beating!

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Blimey, didn't expect Nige to play, let alone score.

Hoping for a sliding tackle and take Ashton out as he runs down the touch line. ???

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

According to this Pearson wasn't on the pitch at that point?

Screenshot_20210927-144338_Chrome.jpg

They are a bit slow in Suffolk.  Sub was 5 mins before the goal.

Has there ever been such a popular u23s victory?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Wow. It's one thing to have enough time on your hands to worry and moan about the 23's getting pasted but if you've got that sort of time at least do some bloody research before posting an absolute pile of shite.

If there was a most "Uneducated Post Ever" award on OTIB that would definitely be in the top one as a certain Mr Clough once said..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Mark Ashton's Ipswich Town, get it right Dave! At their training ground so no video feed that I know of.

The camera is otherwise engaged, filming star-of-stage-and-screen Mark Ashton rehearsing for his next arm-pumping performance in front of the Ipswich few (assuming they ever win again !)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1