IGNORED

JoJo Woolacott

alexukhc

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I was surprised he went to Swindn for free. Always looked good for us & not far worse than Max. I understand he, or we, may not have wanted to keep him on as a #3, I just can't believe he didn't get a team higher up the pyramid.

I think he went there initially on an emergency loan - I seem to recall his first match was supposed to be against Rovers, but it was called off in strange circumstances - and he then signed a permanent contract around the same time as Rene, our goalkeeper/pundit, joined as assistant manager (for a few days - it was at the time Power was running the show).
I assume he was just happy to join a club and get some playing time.

Pleased for him as he took a gamble in joining a club that was in a real mess when he did so (another summer signing from Exeter backed out of his transfer), has got himself a run of first team games & (admittedly at L2 level) he’s clearly doing well.

Jojo is 25 now & let’s face it, realistically was never anywhere near the first team bar some time on the bench because we needed to include him as a home produced player, so it was good for him & for us that he moved on.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pleased for him as he took a gamble in joining a club that was in a real mess when he did so (another summer signing from Exeter backed out of his transfer), has got himself a run of first team games & (admittedly at L2 level) he’s clearly doing well.

Jojo is 25 now & let’s face it, realistically was never anywhere near the first team bar some time on the bench because we needed to include him as a home produced player, so it was good for him & for us that he moved on.

Yep, recently turned 25, and made very few 1st team league apps in his career to that point….all at Lg2 (19 inc 9 this season) bar 2 at Lg1 last season.  To me it was no surprise that he didn’t get a gig higher than Lg2.  And fair play to how he’s started at Swindon.  His FGR loan started well, but he made a couple of mistakes with the ball at his feet and got a red card as a result.  That will have played a part in any scouting report.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, recently turned 25, and made very few 1st team league apps in his career to that point….all at Lg2 (19 inc 9 this season) bar 2 at Lg1 last season.  To me it was no surprise that he didn’t get a gig higher than Lg2.  And fair play to how he’s started at Swindon.  His FGR loan started well, but he made a couple of mistakes with the ball at his feet and got a red card as a result.  That will have played a part in any scouting report.

He's been flawless this season, a shot stopper, good on crosses and commands the box well. 

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

25 is young for a goalkeeper though, he still has a chance to go far in the game if he keeps this up. This move for him might be the best move that’s happened to him!

See where he is at 27/28.

• Thanks 1

It’s difficult for a keeper to come through the ranks at most clubs. Just guessing, but the percentage must be very small. Our keepers drop down to non league, Championship club’s keepers drop down to our level.

Steven Benda, who we had on loan from Swansea a couple of seasons back, was the best keeper we’ve had in a while. I think he’s now 1st choice at Swansea. I’d put Wollacott right up there with him. Presume you’ve got a decent sell on - he’ll be worth a few quid.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

It’s difficult for a keeper to come through the ranks at most clubs. Just guessing, but the percentage must be very small. Our keepers drop down to non league, Championship club’s keepers drop down to our level.

Steven Benda, who we had on loan from Swansea a couple of seasons back, was the best keeper we’ve had in a while. I think he’s now 1st choice at Swansea. I’d put Wollacott right up there with him. Presume you’ve got a decent sell on - he’ll be worth a few quid.

Yes, I’m sure on the basis that there was no fee we have a tidy percentage sell-on.

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I was surprised he went to Swindn for free. Always looked good for us & not far worse than Max. I understand he, or we, may not have wanted to keep him on as a #3, I just can't believe he didn't get a team higher up the pyramid.

Not sure how many of us can say how he was compared to Max seeing as Max has made 26 competitive appearances for us and JoJo didn't make a single one.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to the lad ??????

Absolutely.

Made a brave decision to join a club that was in a real mess at the time & apparently didn’t get paid for a while as a result.

Could have just seen out the last year of his contract as our third choice instead but is finally playing regularly & as this shows, it has really worked out for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

Made a brave decision to join a club that was in a real mess at the time & apparently didn’t get paid for a while as a result.

Could have just seen out the last year of his contract as our third choice instead but is finally playing regularly & as this shows, it has really worked out for him.

Did he join when Gilmartin was still there? That could have had a bearing?