IGNORED

Nige has Covid again

CyderInACan

12 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Nigel has not had any sustained close contact with the playing squad since last Saturday (September 18th) and no player or other staff member is affected.

City Chief Executive Officer Richard Gould said: “I’m sure that everyone at the club and our supporters hope that Nigel has a speedy and full recovery. In the meantime Curtis will take charge. He has been in regular contact with Nigel and we wish him and the team all the best against Millwall tomorrow.”

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Regular contact, but not close???

Wouldn’t matter if double jabbed. Only have to isolate if positive test or unvaccinated.

The bit I found odd was the no close contact since QPR (Fulham would have made sense). But it’s to our benefit if nobody else effected!

59 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Wouldn’t matter if double jabbed. Only have to isolate if positive test or unvaccinated.

The bit I found odd was the no close contact since QPR (Fulham would have made sense). But it’s to our benefit if nobody else effected!

Isn't it more likely that someone in the media dept can't read a calendar properly?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Looks like 18th Sept was a typo. Article now says 25th 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a slight conspiracy theory note, it seems very unlikely that he’s not had close contact with anyone in the squad since QPR.

We also know a large proportion of footballers aren’t double jabbed. We also know someone had an unexpected Hamstring injury at the weekend which would keep them out for approximately 10 days, and our main attacking sub had a mystery knock on Saturday.

It’s not credible for him to have had no contact, and he’s likely had contact with an unjabbed person. It’s even more likely players if they get it have had contact with an unjabbed player.

Of course, it’s just possible he’s had no contact with unjabbed players and no jabbed players have tested positive….

You’re assuming football clubs report things like this in a timely manner

3 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Phone. Email. WhatsApp. Snapchat. MSN Messenger.....

I do realise that now, anybody under the age of about 18 is probably going "what the hell is MSN Messenger!?" This makes me sad, and also shows that whilst not being that old, it's showing my age ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Phone. Email. WhatsApp. Snapchat. MSN Messenger.....

I do realise that now, anybody under the age of about 18 is probably going "what the hell is MSN Messenger!?" This makes me sad, and also shows that whilst not being that old, it's showing my age ?

A propos MSN Messenger, I recall some years ago when my daughters started using this new service.

It seemed a bit complex, more for the youngsters if you like, so I never got to use it.

Unfortunately, now I have become relatively computer/smart phone savvy, it seems MSN Messenger has come and gone and left me behind.

Not to worry, I still have my fax and telex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A propos MSN Messenger, I recall some years ago when my daughters started using this new service.

It seemed a bit complex, more for the youngsters if you like, so I never got to use it.

Unfortunately, now I have become relatively computer/smart phone savvy, it seems MSN Messenger has come and gone and left me behind.

Not to worry, I still have my fax and telex.

No carrier pigeons?

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

That’s not a thing any more 

Think he’s just quoting the article

12 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Nigel has not had any sustained close contact with the playing squad since last Saturday (September 18th) and no player or other staff member is affected.

City Chief Executive Officer Richard Gould said: “I’m sure that everyone at the club and our supporters hope that Nigel has a speedy and full recovery. In the meantime Curtis will take charge. He has been in regular contact with Nigel and we wish him and the team all the best against Millwall tomorrow.”

A phone?

• Like 1

His previous bout of it shouldn't have any bearing on how bad he gets it this time.  The anitbodies acquired last summer would have disappeared by now.  I believe they last up to 8 months.  The double jab should help, however.  What is slightly worrying is that he was available to sign for us earlier in the year because prior to that he didn't feel well enough to do a job...