IGNORED

Messi

Maesknoll Red

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Apparently he still needs to prove himself against the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace though

and there will always the unanswered burning question.....................

..............could he do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke?

Maybe I'm missing the point but the goal didn't seem that special and he did pretty much nothing for the rest of the game.

Don't get me wrong I think Messi is the best player in the world but saying this is special when compared to other things he has done seems a bit hollow to me.

There wouldn't be a thread on here if Danny Welbeck had done exactly the same thing.

• Like 3

He's the best player ever, and people can throw all the stats about Ronaldo's goals records, but what separates Messi is goals like he scored last night which leave you speechless. I don't know how many times I've seen him score and have just said 'wow'. 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

He did nothing all game and then that!! 

Harsh that, PSG were 1-0 up from early on and Man City had all the possession, it wasn't really the game for Messi/Neymar/Mbappe to impact. I thought Gueye in Midfield was excellent for PSG

51 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Maybe I'm missing the point but the goal didn't seem that special and he did pretty much nothing for the rest of the game.

Don't get me wrong I think Messi is the best player in the world but saying this is special when compared to other things he has done seems a bit hollow to me.

There wouldn't be a thread on here if Danny Welbeck had done exactly the same thing.

Was thinking the same. Probably see goals like that every week just in the EFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

He's the best player ever, and people can throw all the stats about Ronaldo's goals records, but what separates Messi is goals like he scored last night which leave you speechless. I don't know how many times I've seen him score and have just said 'wow'. 

Harsh that, PSG were 1-0 up from early on and Man City had all the possession, it wasn't really the game for Messi/Neymar/Mbappe to impact. I thought Gueye in Midfield was excellent for PSG

That’s what i mean though - he’s hardly had a kick all game and still came up with the goods

for me Ronaldo is the greatest but Messi a good second 

Apart from the odd fancy touch and one burst of brilliance in the second half, he was invisible for nearly all of the game and I’d like to see him work harder for the team. Nige should bring in Weimann next game and show ‘Messi’ that work ethic is required to be successful over here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1