IGNORED

Millwall away match-day thread

Evening all!  Just got back from a nice Cod and Chips meal at a very nice eating place here. It's the wife's birthday today so we enjoyed that with a bottle of Weston's Vintage 8.2% very tasty. All I need now to make the day, is a City win, I'm predicting a score draw 1 - 1 or even 2 - 2 but would love another away win. So COYR's

• Robin 2
5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pring has been pretty poor recently and wouldn't want Weimann out wide, so happy enough with that, even if Wells had a good game on Saturday. Delighted to see Williams in the side.

Disappointed about there being no O'Dowda or Semenyo on the bench, not sure if O'Dowda is still not ready and I wonder if Semenyo is injured. But certainly some flair and pace there to bring on.

I assume it's 352. I wonder if Bakinson could actually be the more advanced in a 3412, with a very solid Williams and James in the double pivot, or could it be the system of last season with Bakinson sitting deep with James and Williams box to box.

Pretty poor or just not quite as good as his early games?

O’Dowda was in the 18 Saturday…..still wondering what Nige meant last week when he said “some perceive him to be a first teamer” (words to that effect, but definitely used the word perceive).  Does that mean he doesn’t have the same view.  I’d be surprised bearing in mind he started this season, but thought it was an interesting use of words.  Of course he might have picked up a niggle in training, and nothing more than that.

Me too, but Nige is good at surprising me….could be another 442, just to keep us on our toes!

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pring has been pretty poor recently and wouldn't want Weimann out wide, so happy enough with that, even if Wells had a good game on Saturday. Delighted to see Williams in the side.

Disappointed about there being no O'Dowda or Semenyo on the bench, not sure if O'Dowda is still not ready and I wonder if Semenyo is injured. But certainly some flair and pace there to bring on.

I assume it's 352. I wonder if Bakinson could actually be the more advanced in a 3412, with a very solid Williams and James in the double pivot, or could it be the system of last season with Bakinson sitting deep with James and Williams box to box.

Would prefer some end product over that to be honest. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Evening all!  Just got back from a nice Cod and Chips meal at a very nice eating place here. It's the wife's birthday today so we enjoyed that with a bottle of Weston's Vintage 8.2% very tasty. All I need now to make the day, is a City win, I'm predicting a score draw 1 - 1 or even 2 - 2 but would love another away win. So COYR's

Dear ET - I like your posts but if you mention cod, please get it right.  It’s a Cod Lot, not cod and chips. This may seem pedantic, but we have standards to maintain on the forum. 

• Robin 1
Just now, pongo88 said:

Dear ET - I like your posts but if you mention cod, please get it right.  It’s a Cod Lot, not cod and chips. This may seem pedantic, but we have standards to maintain on the forum. 

Ha Ha I do know, but unfortunately here in Estonia although lot's speak English ( I don't mean Cod) they don't understand krek Bristle. So if I ordered a Cod Lot, I would be waiting for ever. 

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

1920, I think, due to the Newport goalie being pelted with missiles and receiving a right hook. Not much change then!

I know it's not related to Millwall, but it did make me laugh…

"Football hooliganism dates back to 1349, when football originated in England during the reign of King Edward III.  When villages played one another, the villagers main goal involved kicking the ball into their rival’s church.  King Edward banned the game as it distracted his subjects and caused constant social unrest."

https://haenfler.sites.grinnell.edu/subcultures-and-scenes/football-hooligans/