IGNORED

Millwall away match-day thread

Overall a poor performance from us and a disappointment to see aspects of last season reappearing (e.g. going backwards/sideways, not creating and giving the ball away softly) our forward play was especially poor, we failed to create a single decent chance. Beat ourselves in the end due sloppiness when we had the ball. NP will have learnt lots. Worrying to see Bakes, Dasilva and Williams all depart with injuries.

Given the ref let so much go I was surprised that he awarded a penalty.  

1 minute ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

I genuinely don't mind not winning away, but tonight they were there for the taking. Without the pen I can't see them scoring and we've had a few decent chances. Striker rotation needed, bakinson needs to learn from this. Onwards and upwards

Genuine question - who had these chances?

• Like 1
Just now, Jerseybean said:

Overall a poor performance from us and a disappointment to see aspects of last season reappearing (e.g. going backwards/sideways, not creating and giving the ball away softly) our forward play was especially poor, we failed to create a single decent chance. Beat ourselves in the end due sloppiness when we had the ball. NP will have learnt lots. Worrying to see Bakes, Dasilva and Williams all depart with injuries.

Given the ref let so much go I was surprised that he awarded a penalty.  

Yep I agree with all of this! 

Wells dropping out before KO worries me! 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, intercity said:

Poor, poor performance in the 2nd half. Possibly worst half of the season so far.

Let's hope we're not forced to play that finishing eleven again this season.

I thought we were actually decent for the first 20 mins of the second half & showed what a poor team they are. The injuries & subs have had a big impact tonight because in any other game Bakinson would have been hooked & O'Dowda not on the pitch at all. Awful last 20 mins & completely punchless up front all game..

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 2

The 2nd half post-subs was very reminiscent of last season…..I’d forgotten how bad we were. Wells to start next game if fit (or not playing up), Bakinson to take some time and decide whether he wants to work for his money rather than steal a living as a professional footballer. Lost all cohesiveness after the subs, hope Williams is just a fitness thing, was great tonight.

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

I thought we were actually decent for the first 20 mins of the second half & showed what a poor team they are. The injuries & subs have had a big impact tonight because in any other game bakinson would have been hooked & ODowda not on the pitch. Awful last 20 mins & completely punchless up front all game..

Ageed. It was what happened in the 2nd half of the 2nd half. As per some other comments, Millwall were absolutely there for the taking. Missed opportunity.

Hope Semenyo, Massengo and Williams all fit soon. We need energy and pace. Shame Conway injured, yes he’s raw but his energy would have offered so much more than anything else up front. Front players need service but the movement was statue like at times. Christ Britton is not fit enough but surely he could do half an hour in a game when Martin is dead on his feet?

We were in no real danger against a poor Millwall side, but it was like last season after the pen and when Williams went off. We just lost any shape and drive. Lets hope we can get our act together for Peterborough on Saturday!