IGNORED

Millwall away match-day thread

Some very poor individual performances. Obviously Bakinson had a shocker, he can be great going forward but he is complete liability when asked to track back and defend - it will cost you points over a season as I’m Pearson is well aware.
I’m most angry/annoyed at O’dowda though,  chance after chance has been given to him and he has shown time and time again he is not good enough. Has to be shipped out at the soonest opportunity IMO.

• Like 2
Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Sorry don't think he will ever get it. As for being very good at this level, well  it's a no for me.

He’s a bit like Palmer, can be creative, but needs players behind him for when he invariably loses the ball. Forget about him tackling back or doing a full on defensive shift. Tonight he was really poor, needs a dressing room bollocking.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ray savino said:

Hope Semenyo, Massengo and Williams all fit soon. We need energy and pace. Shame Conway injured, yes he’s raw but his energy would have offered so much more than anything else up front. Front players need service but the movement was statue like at times. Christ Britton is not fit enough but surely he could do half an hour in a game when Martin is dead on his feet?

We were in no real danger against a poor Millwall side, but it was like last season after the pen and when Williams went off. We just lost any shape and drive. Lets hope we can get our act together for Peterborough on Saturday!

of course he could, and he wouldn't pass up any good chances to score either.

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

The highlight for me was Chris Martin, clean through on goal, doing a more than decent impression of the Harry Brown, the old sand dredger that use to chug up and down the Docks.

The only good thing about tonight is you mentioning The Harry Brown- I truly loved that ship usually moored up in the Cumberland Basin. It did its job very well for many many years so I'm not quite sure of the Chris Martin reference.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Lots of positives to take from that IMO-

We look far better than last season

Williams looks just what we need 

Tanner getting better every game 

Bakinson surely won’t start again 

COD once again proved his shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad

Said much the same elsewhere mate. Bakinson average at best tonight but why O’Dowda got in the team is baffling, him yet again proving his perennial mediocrity. 

Hopefully the first choice players will be back soon.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Selred said:

My partners first City game live. She had to sit through a few shockers on Robins TV last season, so hope it's entertaining otherwise she will be dreading Bournemouth at home in a few weeks!!!

Anyone know where I can buy flowers and chocolate in the Bermondsey area?? 

• Haha 9
Just now, bris red said:

Some very poor individual performances. Obviously Bakinson had a shocker, he can be great going forward but he is complete liability when asked to track back and defend - it will cost you points over a season as I’m Pearson is well aware.
I’m most angry/annoyed at O’dowda though,  chance after chance has been given to him and he has shown time and time again he is not good enough. Has to be shipped out at the soonest opportunity IMO.

Nige isn't stupid and won't have the wool pulled over his eyes. Certain players will be digging their own graves. As others have said we are stuck with them for now and inconsistency and lack of quality costing us what should be relatively easy points will continue for a while yet.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

We certainly are very frustrating to watch at the moment. 

Great one game, utter crap the next.

We needed a proven striker at the start of the season desperately and we didn’t get one. We lack any cutting edge up front.

Absolutely hilarious comment. How many "proven" strikers were available in the last window and how many of them were in our price bracket?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
15 minutes ago, tin said:

You’d think so, wouldn’t you? Just pull the bloody trigger. I don’t care if it goes high and wide, at least have a dig and give yourself a chance or scoring a goal. 

They both played well tonight. I don’t think Williams looked injured. Hopefully that’s just a bit of cramp or wrapping him up in cotton wool. 

Hope you are correct ?

17 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Patience very much the key here. Pearson knows it. Left with the likes of Palmer, O’Dowda, Bakinson to name but a few - these won’t have many takers if any at all. These are coasters. He needs a few windows for sure. 

Can't agree more. We have a lot of players who you want to shift as a manager but at the same time there are no takers. All i can say is I'm happy to give the fairly young (Bakinsons and Palmers) a chance for this year but would expect an upgrade next season if consistency doesn't improve.

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Lots of positives to take from that IMO-

We look far better than last season

Williams looks just what we need 

Tanner getting better every game 

Bakinson surely won’t start again 

COD once again proved his shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad

Bakinson was very poor tonight, unfortunately.

And agree with the upsides; also thought Pring was at least solid.

Still a lot of padding in this squad; need a few decent additions and a thinning out of the unnecessary depth.

Positives within that performance again. 

However, also a couple of discussion points. 

- Weimann and Martin look tired.

- O'Dowda looks miles off the Pace, and his decision making is woeful. 

- Afobe looks like the profile of striker we are missing. Physical yet mobile, can come short or look for the through ball. 

- I felt Bakinson had the opportunity to bring down Saville on the half way line in the build up to the goal. 

- Jed Wallace joins the likes of Barry Bannan, Callum Robinson and Daniel Johnson by impacting the game each time he plays against us. 

Overall, I feel a draw would have been a fair result. 

• Like 1