IGNORED

Bakinson

GrahamC

Surely it can’t just be me that is completely infuriated by this bloke?

As on Saturday he ambles around, fails to put in tackles (the penalty came directly because of this) & contributes far too little.

No idea how fit Andy King is & after tonight I doubt we’ll see Joe Williams on Saturday, but he cannot start.

Don’t get the Palmer love in, either. Did he actually touch the ball after he came on?

• Like 12

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

As on Saturday he ambles around, fails to put in tackles (the penalty came directly because of this) & contributes far too little.

No idea how fit Andy King is & after tonight I doubt we’ll see Joe Williams on Saturday, but he cannot start.

Don’t get the Palmer love in, either. Did he actually touch the ball after he came on?

I think we have to accept that we are going to struggle this season simply because too many of our players are inconsistent, excellent one game, anonymous in the next. Those are the players NP must replace, and I would suggest Bakinson, Palmer and COD, and probably Martin need improving on next season.

We have no consistent, quality offensive players and that is what will limit or season.

All the reasons to be positive about City - Bentley, Atkinson, Tanner, James, Massengo, Williams - do little to get us goals.

Investment needed in the final third if we are ever to achieve the top 6 promised land.

Totally agree that Bakinson and Palmer (sometimes Wells) don't seem to have that 110% effort or at least not consistently. We need offensive players that will throw everything at it to win the match but with the required quality to do the job. Jed Wallace springs to mind.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Williams had cramp he’ll be fine. 
agree about Bakinson . Lazy on the ball & off it. Number of times first half he ambled back it’s a token jesture to stop a cross . 
He’d be out of the squad along with Palmer Saturday 

• Like 2

Bakinson is one of the only “Passenger” type players left at the club and the sooner he’s gone, the better. 

Nothing worse than seeing a player seemingly “shattered” and unable to track back/get goal side but suddenly seem to find their legs when attacking. 

You’ve got to be exceptional to get away with that, and he definitely isn’t exceptional.

I can’t believe his team mates let him get away with it tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Williams had cramp he’ll be fine. 
agree about Bakinson . Lazy on the ball & off it. Number of times first half he ambled back it’s a token jesture to stop a cross . 
He’d be out of the squad along with Palmer Saturday 

Good to read about Williams, would have taken Bakinson off at HT on Saturday myself, we didn’t have that luxury tonight due to injuries but he’s a passenger.

If HNM is out I would rather see Andy King play every day of the week.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Palmer & O’dowda we’re no better. 

Said that about Palmer in my OP, he got voted MoM on Saturday, I know he scored the equaliser but **** me, I reckon he only touched the ball on one other occasion.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good to read about Williams, would have taken Bakinson off at HT on Saturday myself, we didn’t have that luxury tonight due to injuries but he’s a passenger.

If HNM is out I would rather see Andy King play every day of the week.

Yeah , he wouldn’t be on the bench Saturday for me. Bring Scott back into the squad 

Just now, RedNachos said:

Languid style of play, not lazy. Similar to that of Eze at Palace. Sloppy, yes, but arrogant and lazy, calm down. Very poor tonight, but stop being so quick to write him off.

His style is languid yes but his decision making & execution are lazy. Piss poor reactions defensively 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Palmer miss controlled the ball quite a few times and made a couple to sloppy passes.

Thought O'Dowda was quiet, not really fed the ball much.

I thought Bakinson was a complete liability. But I guess if we had a decent strike force then it might have helped his and others performances.

Main thing is though his defensive input which he has to do too much of in this side.

You get the odd one off from both of them . Palmer got us the point Saturday but apart from that done nothing & the same tonight . It was a poor sub imo . King should of come on