IGNORED

Bakinson

GrahamC

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Surely it can’t just be me that is completely infuriated by this bloke?

As on Saturday he ambles around, fails to put in tackles (the penalty came directly because of this) & contributes far too little.

No idea how fit Andy King is & after tonight I doubt we’ll see Joe Williams on Saturday, but he cannot start.

Don’t get the Palmer love in, either. Did he actually touch the ball after he came on?

He is, or can be the best passer at the club. He has control and vision , has a decent shot. Like so many other parts of the team, he relies on others moving and giving him options , which TBF didn't happen a lot last night. 
On the other side, against teams that press well he struggles. If he doesn't have time he gets caught on the ball, or gives it away. Last season he set up as many chances against us as for us. I hoped he would improve with experience, but it's not looking like it at the moment.

Bizarrely we did the same as last night several times last year. We seem to set the tone with a few under hit passes, then it spreads through the team and that's it. Last night was as bad as anything last year. 
Palmer is a funny one. I doubt even if he had options and runners he would have found them last night. His passing is his strong point but last night it was so off he couldn't find players from 5 yards away.

Williams was tired apparently, but it was cramp when they pulled him off. I expect him to be available, though whether he starts is another question. 
King has been on the bench several  times so must be fit.
As I said, the team needs a shake up Saturday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He is, or can be the best passer at the club. He has control and vision , has a decent shot. Like so many other parts of the team, he relies on others moving and giving him options , which TBF didn't happen a lot last night. 
On the other side, against teams that press well he struggles. If he doesn't have time he gets caught on the ball, or gives it away. Last season he set up as many chances against us as for us. I hoped he would improve with experience, but it's not looking like it at the moment.

Bizarrely we did the same as last night several times last year. We seem to set the tone with a few under hit passes, then it spreads through the team and that's it. Last night was as bad as anything last year. 
Palmer is a funny one. I doubt even if he had options and runners he would have found them last night. His passing is his strong point but last night it was so off he couldn't find players from 5 yards away.

Williams was tired apparently, but it was cramp when they pulled him off. I expect him to be available, though whether he starts is another question. 
King has been on the bench several  times so must be fit.
As I said, the team needs a shake up Saturday.

Right so we are blaming 10 other players bad passing on the other player ?

Makes sense.

36 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Having slept on it, this is what’s really irking me with Tyreeq.

The bits he keeps falling short on - concentration, awareness, defensive effort - are all absolutely controllable.

Players giving 100% but having a bad game/dip in form I can live with, but the above I just really struggle to tolerate - especially when, as a central player, those things are absolutely his job.

This, every day of the week.

Anyone can misplace a pass or look fatigued, simply not doing the hard yards isn’t acceptable.

As someone else pointed out, he managed to find the energy late on to sprint forward but frequently not to track his man.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This, every day of the week.

Anyone can misplace a pass or look fatigued, simply not doing the hard yards isn’t acceptable.

As someone else pointed out, he managed to find the energy late on to sprint forward but frequently not to track his man.

Piss poor attitude.

Simple as that.

26 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

Piss poor attitude.

Simple as that.

Absolute rubbish - how can you even know that (you can’t) and there is no way in the world NP would play him if it were even remotely true.   Some of the comments on this thread are truly embarrassing - he’s a really young player for OUR team who has his bad parts to his game but also has great aspects as well.

Why oh why he is getting a) his own thread singling him out in the first place when there were others (far better paid and more experienced) players last night that were equally as bad (and b) getting so many hyperbolic responses on the thread is embarrassing imho. Just hope the kid doesn’t read it because I know if it was me it would upset me at being singled out amongst that performance last night and I’d be asking why that was.  Thankfully we have a measured experienced manager to steer him through.  

Edited by lenred
Typos
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Absolute rubbish - how can you even know that (you can’t) and there is no way in the world NP would play him if it were even remotely true.   Some of the comments on this thread are truly embarrassing - he’s a really young player for OUR team who has his bad parts to his game but also has great aspects as well.

Why oh why he is getting a) his own thread singling him out in the first place when there were others (far better paid and more experienced) players last night that were equally as bad (and b) getting so many hyperbolic responses on the thread is embarrassing imho. Just hope the kid doesn’t read it because I know if it was me it would upset me at being singled out amongst that performance last night and I’d be asking why that was.  Thankfully we have a measured experienced manager to steer him through.  

Finally some sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fuber said:

Feel posts are being slightly harsh on O'Dowda here.

When was his last competitive match? - for me was one of few positive regarding player performances last season. Bakinson doesn't have the same excuse, he's looked static in every match played this season, namely due ball watching and poor mobility.

Players should be given a clean slate to some extent now we actually seem to have a competent manager. 

Why?

O'Dowda been near to useless under 3 different managers. 157 appearances, 9 goals and 16 assists says it all.

• Like 2

Bakinson in the second half was very poor and the goal came from his error.

But when we first got back into the game after Millwalls dominant opening 15 minutes it was when Bakinson was getting on the ball more.

He's 22 and there will be good and bad runs of form. We saw last season that when he's on it he's a decent player at this level.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He is far from the finished article and had a poor game last night and Saturday but he hasn’t played regularly under NP so I can understand that he is not up to speed.

He needs, like a few others here, to improve if he wants to stay here.

I don’t think minutes come Ito it really major. It’s his decision making . It’s reactionary at best & lazy at worst 

11 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I would cut O’dowda a bit of slack, when he got injured last season he was actually playing really well, yesterday he was thrown in as a surprise wildcard, certainly not fully match fit yet!

Not a snowball in hell's. Not on this forum. I tend to agree with you. One bad game (from the team) and out comes all the negativity.

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

I would cut O’dowda a bit of slack, when he got injured last season he was actually playing really well, yesterday he was thrown in as a surprise wildcard, certainly not fully match fit yet!

I agree in respect of him not having any minutes so yes he deserves slack there. As for him playing really well before . He’s never really played well. He’s guilty of running with his head down & not knowing when to release the ball most of the time which is criminal at our standard 

• Like 2