IGNORED

The past comes back to haunt us

headhunter

We'll discuss a shocking 2nd half display from City in a Live FBC Podcast recording at 10.00 PM

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=l9RLqh8qTK2 - LISTEN LIVE / RECORDING UPLOADED OVERNIGHT

The first half was forgettable and, in fairness, City had some decent possession in the opening 15 minutes of the 2nd but an inept performance from Martin was epitomized during this period when he couldn't get his shot away.

Afobe had brought 2 good saves from Bentley before being brought down by Atkinson in the box and Wallace made no mistake from the spot

Pearson, watching from his sickbed, will have been disappointed with Bakinson and Weimann was missing for most of the game.

The final half hour was similar to the dire performances that have dominated the past 18 months and once again O'Dowda showed what a waste of a shirt he is!!!

Baker off again inside 30 minutes - oh dear!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weimann? You’re obsessed.

Far worse than him out there tonight, Martin for one.

Weiman is just a willing runner, he is not a natural at anything except running ,puts a shift in no doubt but lacks quality in lots of areas .he will score a few but not consistently. Martin similar, we have one natural goal scorer Wells, unfortunately he has to have a dominant midfield behind or hes a luxury. Balance not there but sure nige knows that early days in transition. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, red colin said:

Weiman is just a willing runner, he is not a natural at anything except running ,puts a shift in no doubt but lacks quality in lots of areas .he will score a few but not consistently. Martin similar, we have one natural goal scorer Wells, unfortunately he has to have a dominant midfield behind or hes a luxury. Balance not there but sure nige knows that early days in transition. 

Amazing how quickly some “fans” turn on Weimann - the best footballer at our club - interestingly though, most of Andi’s critics can’t spell his name correctly ...??

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 14
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, red colin said:

That is such nonsense.

Weimann is brilliant at finding space, covering others deficiencies & the ultimate team player. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Afobe best striker out there tonight

Have to agree. Good movement, good touch, good awareness and a decent turn of pace. If he is OOC this summer & has a relatively injury free season, we could do a lot worse. One of my favourite City strikers of recent seasons, my sort of striker. COYR 

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Amazing how quickly some “fans” turn on Weimann - the best footballer at our club - interestingly though, most of Andi’s critics can’t spell his name correctly ...??

Some of our fans turn on anyone that has a bad day, I'm probably next in line after this statement :thumbsup:

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, red colin said:

So, when Weimann notched a hatrick for us away at Sheffield United a couple of years ago - what was your perception of him then? “Willing runner”? And just to add some context, that was the season The Blades won promotion to the premier league ... yet they couldn’t cope with Andi Weimann ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Flames 1

If Afobe hadn’t of got that under normal circumstances season long injury we wouldn’t of panicked bought Wells and I’m pretty sure we would have turned his loan into a permanent deal. Having bought Wells we could no longer afford Afobe and also after the long layoff we didn’t want to take the risk. 
Think Wells would be banging them in still for QRR and Afobe would have been our main man.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought it was two teams of predominantly 6/10s, with the odd 7/10 and a few 5/10s.

We had a good spell in the second half, but I think the loss of Dasilva and Williams (two of our better players) lost us momentum.

An utterly tedious game, Dave, settled by two mistakes in one passage of play. 
I was so bored watching us - same as Luton.

At least with the likes of Semenyo and Massengo on the field, you feel something out of the ordinary might happen. Otherwise it’s just banging away and playing the percentages - the odd passage of neat play but largely harmless in the final third. 

• Like 3

Millwall’s record suggests they are hard to beat and proved tonight. Their goal defo changed momentum and our enforced changes with the loss of Williams didn’t help. With the loss of Wells in the warm up left us light on the bench IMO. 

Not sure what type of game @headhunterwas expecting other than a tight attritional game settled by one goal or a draw. May be we should be playing Ian Gays crazy formations, what was it 3 2 3 2 ?

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, when Weimann notched a hatrick for us away at Sheffield United a couple of years ago - what was your perception of him then? “Willing runner”? And just to add some context, that was the season The Blades won promotion to the premier league ... yet they couldn’t cope with Andi Weimann ...

How often does he do that, things fall for him in the odd game,as you said a couple of years ago .

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That is such nonsense.

Weimann is brilliant at finding space, covering others deficiencies & the ultimate team player. 

Fair enough if your happy with his running fine but for me he very rarely has an end product and his running covers his deficiencies. We can have different opinions. 

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure i can take much more of Martin. Surely there must be an OOC player around somewhere better than him?

Name him then.

I think it is ridiculous we aren’t learning from last season, him starting every game simply produces the law of diminishing returns, but if used sensibly, as the Reading & Cardiff wins showed, he is useful.

He was dreadful last night but with Wells unavailable we have backed ourselves into a corner by not signing anyone.

I would look at Bell for the odd game myself (such a shame Conway is injured) but presuming Wells is available on Saturday he is a no brainer to replace him.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Name him then.

I think it is ridiculous we aren’t learning from last season, him starting every game simply produces the law of diminishing returns, but if used sensibly, as the Reading & Cardiff wins showed, he is useful.

He was dreadful last night but with Wells unavailable we have backed ourselves into a corner by not signing anyone.

I would look at Bell for the odd game myself (such a shame Conway is injured) but presuming Wells is available on Saturday he is a no brainer to replace him.

Like i said he should be a 3rd or 4th choice playing odd games not playing 3 times a week. Most people could see we were short up top and it has to be sorted in Jan not the end of the season.

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Like i said he should be a 3rd or 4th choice playing odd games not playing 3 times a week. Most people could see we were short up top and it has to be sorted in Jan not the end of the season.

That depends on the goal for this season.  If the aim is play-offs then absolutely we need to strengthen in January.  If the goal is attaining a mid table position and we're not looking in any trouble (bearing in mind, potentially 2 teams with big points deductions as well) then January becomes an unnecessary signing.  Prices and wages are inflated in January.  If we can get the same player cheaper at the end of the season then a club like ours needs to do that.

• Like 2