IGNORED

The past comes back to haunt us

headhunter

If you missed our live podcast last night here's a recording:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/we-lost-and-it-was-poor-a-review-of-millwall-a/

Can't believe the love-in from some on here for Weimann!

What did everyone think of COD's substitute appearance? Impact sub my *rse!

Bakinson - lacked energy

Tanner & Pring - both good

Martin - needs a rest [a long one]

On the pod we talk about this club's obsession over the years with the proverbial big man up front. We fondly recall Robbie Turner, Steve Torpey, John Kerr [RIP], Wayne Allison, Steve Johnson and some other long forgotten names get a mention. Sadly, whilst me, Mark & Ian could be classified as old gits none of us witnessed Big John Atyeo grace the Ashton Gate turf

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/we-lost-and-it-was-poor-a-review-of-millwall-a/

Bakinson - lacked energy

On the pod we talk about this club's obsession over the years with the proverbial big man up front. We fondly recall Robbie Turner, Steve Torpey, John Kerr [RIP], Wayne Allison, Steve Johnson and some other long forgotten names get a mention. Sadly, whilst me, Mark & Ian could be classified as old gits none of us witnessed Big John Atyeo grace the Ashton Gate turf

I’m definitely an old git. I watched big John on many occasions. I was also lucky enough to have briefly been taught maths by him at Henbury school. 

On 29/09/2021 at 22:23, richyy66 said:

Thought Williams put a shift in

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s good of him! How nice that a professional athlete, living the dream whilst being paid obscene amounts of money actually “put a shift in” - my word, we are easily pleased ...

Interesting that you chose to react to this interaction with a ‘confused’ emoji @EmissionImpossible - I really can’t see where any confusion would creep in here - you either think it’s amazing when an obscenely paid professional footballer “puts in a shift” or you agree that it should be a given for every player to give their all in every game - not much room for ‘confusion’ there in my opinion ... 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, red colin said:

How often does he do that, things fall for him in the odd game,as you said a couple of years ago .

.. I think Weimann has consistently proved he’s the best footballer at our club ever since he joined - and we really, really missed him when he had his bad injury which kept him out for most of last season - top pro, top player - calling him a “willing runner” is an insult ...

11 hours ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/we-lost-and-it-was-poor-a-review-of-millwall-a/9

Bakinson - lacked energy

Well I saw the big man and I believe football has lost all its grassroots appeal to local and amateur people like me who played the game with total enjoyment and honesty to a game that is over scrutinised and has been turned into a science not a sport. A simple game has been turned into a multi million business industry that is a million miles from the actual starting position.and lost to the working man that started it all. For me the game is about winning  the ball getting it wide tackles going in and getting crosses in the box,getting your forwards on to it All exciting. Now every move is worked out on a computer and relayed to players pitch side on a tablet. Haha I find barcelona and man City  boring as  hell

And do  not get any enjoyment out of seeing players shot from the stands by a sniper and going down like they have been shot only to be up and running within seconds of getting what they cheated for to get a free kick.when I  played I would not dream of letting the opposition player know I was hurt now players cry out like kids and they are not hurt it's unbelievable. So to finish my rant, I turn off big games half way through cos I'm bored with 40 passes in the area and 3 passes forward bored rigid its lost itself as a spectacle. P.s. only team I listen to every game and have watched when possible is my city boys i am  now a one team person due to the new way modern football is played. Ok I'm old but but new football is not as good as old football. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.. I think Weimann has consistently proved he’s the best footballer at our club ever since he joined - and we really, really missed him when he had his bad injury which kept him out for most of last season - top pro, top player - calling him a “willing runner” is an insult ...

Well check his stats ,he is unlikely to get 10 or more goals although hes up front and gets more games than anyone else,he gets more bookings than assists his first touch is awful and he delivers nothing from the so called space he makes he runs blind.He scores a few goals In small blocks but doesn't get past 10 a season even playing most games. He is a head less chicken but super fit. Never doubted his commitments or shift .he had better chances to score than the ones he has scored and blazes regularly over bar or very wide  .he is not a top notch player with all these attributes people see or he would not be here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, red colin said:

Well check his stats ,he is unlikely to get 10 or more goals although hes up front and gets more games than anyone else,he gets more bookings than assists his first touch is awful and he delivers nothing from the so called space he makes he runs blind.He scores a few goals In small blocks but doesn't get past 10 a season even playing most games. He is a head less chicken but super fit. Never doubted his commitments or shift .he had better chances to score than the ones he has scored and blazes regularly over bar or very wide  .he is not a top notch player with all these attributes people see or he would not be here. 

Amazing that he has played well over 100 premier league games and has never played below championship level - given that you think he’s basically rubbish. Your opinion obviously counts - but I really hope you aren’t involved in the scouting/recruitment team at Ashton Gate ... “his first touch is awful and he delivers nothing” - oh dear ...

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Amazing that he has played well over 100 premier league games and has never played below championship level - given that you think he’s basically rubbish. Your opinion obviously counts - but I really hope you aren’t involved in the scouting/recruitment team at Ashton Gate ... “his first touch is awful and he delivers nothing” - oh dear ...

That first touch for Wells winner against QPR was sublime..

• Flames 1