IGNORED

Wells mystery

old_eastender

The Millwall game echoed the problems we had last season where without certain key players we struggled. Massengo is a big miss, and not having Wells or Semenyo as well limited our attacking options. Players like Bakinson wouldn't normally be starting, we may have to accept that we're going to slip down the table as injuries mount, it's not the fault of the coaching staff.

22 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Based on what though? His form at QPR?

Still yet to really prove anything in a City shirt. 

If we had replaced Diedhiou in the summer I think Wells would be no where near the squad let alone starting.

He’s a goal poacher not a target man. On the rare occasions the rest of the team get the ball near the area, he looks a threat.

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

He’s a goal poacher not a target man. On the rare occasions the rest of the team get the ball near the area, he looks a threat.

We are an enigma  as an attacking team.

I think I’m right in saying that for a couple of seasons we have been among the most or the most efficient team at converting chances, but at the same time create among the least chances in the whole EFL, not just the championship.

One of Pearson’s biggest challenges is not just finding the right striker, but getting the set up - formation, personnel and playing style - right so the striker(s) actually have some service to feed off.

• Like 2