IGNORED

Missing Nigel?

downendcity

I just wonder whether missing Pearson’s influence in the dressing room before the game and , in particular, at half time affected last night’s performance.

This is not a criticism of the job Fleming did, and he was forced into subs by injuries, which no doubt affected our options, but it does feel that Pearson has a big effect on the players and his nor being there in person could make a difference. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I just wonder whether missing Pearson’s influence in the dressing room before the game and , in particular, at half time affected last night’s performance.

This is not a criticism of the job Fleming did, and he was forced into subs by injuries, which no doubt affected our options, but it does feel that Pearson has a big effect on the players and his nor being there in person could make a difference. 

Yes that is an obvious thing, he's a massive presence. 

29 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

It was not a terrible performance, Millwall away is a tough game and we lost to a penalty in a tight game, I seen us winning minus that decision, But Bentley being busy again worries me.

I never see us making a keeper work like Bentley is worked in the majority of our games this season. 

This was one of the things I was looking out for last night

Its one thing being busy against the likes of QPR and Fulham, but if it were the same against Millwall I would have been concerned that we're not improving defensively.

As it happens, he had 3 shots to contend with and made two saves out of Millwalls total of 11 attempts (which is about their average this season).

More concerning was we had just one shot on target and that needs correcting asap.

And again lost when we had the most possession.

Work in progress.

2 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Seemed like a group of school kids when the supply teacher is taking over a lesson

Definitely. Having worked in schools with kids who have no respect for authority, this attitude has progressed far beyond and to see "grown adults" challenging the ref with "what have I done?" expressions beggars belief. Jordan, Hunter and Gow knew exactly what they'd done and certainly didn't waste time appealing.

I found it worrying last night how many times the ref seemed, belatedly, to react to the players appeals.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Yeah, I posted pretty much the same last night. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s another poor performance at Posh on Saturday.

Nige is an influential guy a great motivator and well respected by the squad. I imagine that Fleming isn’t held in quite same esteem.

5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Based on this interview I’m sure CF has a clear grip on things, https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/we-didn-t-create-enough-fleming/

I have been impressed by him.

Obviously Nige is an experienced manager & certainly makes everyone aware who is boss, but his interviews so far have been decent.

He has coached at a few clubs & is no fool, his observations about last night were definitely spot on.

We are bound to miss Pearson but CF looks a smart arrival to me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I have been impressed by him.

Obviously Nige is an experienced manager & certainly makes everyone aware who is boss, but his interviews so far have been decent.

He has coached at a few clubs & is no fool, his observations about last night were definitely spot on.

We are bound to miss Pearson but CF looks a smart arrival to me.

Agree, very impressed.

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

More like missing Massengo, Wells and Semenyo