IGNORED

Strange Goings On at Radio Bristol

Port Said Red

Currently on a break up in the Lake District, and hunkering down in typical northern weather last night at our airbnb. We decided to play a bit of cards and I put on BBC Radio Bristol via the BBC Sounds App to listen to the build up.

I fully expected it to work up to the point the game started and then to get the "unfortunately we don't have the rights to play this programme on the internet" message, when the game started.

But no, off the game went and I was listening whilst winning hand after hand of Gin Rummy (honest). I said to my good lady, that the rules must have changed, until about 35 minutes in, at which point the message finally kicked in.

So what happened? Were RB breaking the law and nobody noticed, or is there some sort of limitation on how much of the game they can btoadcast via the net?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Currently on a break up in the Lake District, and hunkering down in typical northern weather last night at our airbnb. We decided to play a bit of cards and I put on BBC Radio Bristol via the BBC Sounds App to listen to the build up.

I fully expected it to work up to the point the game started and then to get the "unfortunately we don't have the rights to play this programme on the internet" message, when the game started.

But no, off the game went and I was listening whilst winning hand after hand of Gin Rummy (honest). I said to my good lady, that the rules must have changed, until about 35 minutes in, at which point the message finally kicked in.

So what happened? Were RB breaking the law and nobody noticed, or is there some sort of limitation on how much of the game they can btoadcast via the net?

Have had no issues accessing Radio Bristol with games or at any other time on the internet in OZ. What ever they broadcast there is no issues.

In regards to limitations you probably are correct but surely an old fart radio station going back many years would know what they can and not broadcast in regards to limitations etc,

I still listen to RB in OZ on the weekends and the station gives me some memories on how good Bristol is.

20 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Live 25 miles from Bristol and get this every week when tgry I guess to listen to a match. You can talk to astronauts on the space station but cannot beam radio station 25 miles !!!!!!!!

If you can talk to astronauts on the space station can you ask them to retrieve the ball from Tomlin's penalty miss a few years back? Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Does Freeview access to radio Bristol give full commtary access then 

You can listen to Radio Bristol on a Freeview telly providing it is tuned correctly.  I think it's somewhere up in the 700s in the channel list.

It's how Old Mother Robbo follows City away games, whereas chez moi we either watch or use the old-fashioned radio.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You can listen to Radio Bristol on a Freeview telly providing it is tuned correctly.  I think it's somewhere up in the 700s in the channel list.

It's how Old Mother Robbo follows City away games, whereas chez moi we either watch or use the old-fashioned radio.

Ahhh so the way to get is either the old or new tech but big standard tech no way hosay

17 hours ago, City oz said:

Have had no issues accessing Radio Bristol with games or at any other time on the internet in OZ. What ever they broadcast there is no issues.

In regards to limitations you probably are correct but surely an old fart radio station going back many years would know what they can and not broadcast in regards to limitations etc,

I still listen to RB in OZ on the weekends and the station gives me some memories on how good Bristol is.

I am also in Perth but get get the message from RB about not broadcasting game commentary on internet. City Oz how are you managing to receive the commentary? Would apreciate any info.

5 hours ago, ozpaul said:

I am also in Perth but get get the message from RB about not broadcasting game commentary on internet. City Oz how are you managing to receive the commentary? Would apreciate any info.

Just streaming live broadcast on my I Pad and listening through my Sonos. I do not do this often though due to the Ozzie time difference with Bristol being 7 hours at this time of the year. I.E 3.00PM in Bristol is 10.00PM in Perth. 

Night matches are even harder as it is around 3.0 AM for us.

Do you have Foxtel ? when the matches are on SKY in the UK you can get them on Foxtel Sports on Be In Channel 2.