IGNORED

Ellis Short and The Stadium of Light

Hampshire Red

He must be a happy man based on crowds returning, the prospect of 2500 Pompey fans turning up tomorrow (this is not a post about our away support north of the Midlands!). We know the stadium is good, we have enjoyed going there recently, we know how good their coach is and the owner appears to be doing a good job. Fact remains they have been 4 years in a lower league than us!!

An independant view is on this link

Q&A: Cheltenham fan & writer Jon Palmer chats about his night at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light - Roker Report (sbnation.com)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

He must be a happy man based on crowds returning, the prospect of 2500 Pompey fans turning up tomorrow (this is not a post about our away support north of the Midlands!). We know the stadium is good, we have enjoyed going there recently, we know how good their coach is and the owner appears to be doing a good job. Fact remains they have been 4 years in a lower league than us!!

I'm not sure how the standard of their transport to away matches is worthy of a mention?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Q&A: Cheltenham fan & writer Jon Palmer chats about his night at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light - Roker Report (sbnation.com)

With Portsmouth being at home, I imagine it will be more than that!

• Haha 10

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Going to struggle big time if Niall Quinn goes, I reckon.

I think you’re underestimating how much extra the Roker roar is worth to them. Not many expected them to beat Leeds in the final and it certainly seems to have given them some real momentum to take into this season.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Hmmm.

Apart from the fact that Ellis Short sold Sunderland a few years ago and, in any event, the match is being played at Fratton Park - Portsmouth's home ground - this is a pretty insightful post.

Ah, I see I am not the only one to have noticed some 'inaccuracies' in this post....

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

3 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

I think you’re underestimating how much extra the Roker roar is worth to them. Not many expected them to beat Leeds in the final and it certainly seems to have given them some real momentum to take into this season.

Things definitely seem to be on the up there since King Ecgfrith of Northumbria granted the land to Benedict Biscop to found a monastery

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

Things definitely seem to be on the up there since King Ecgfrith of Northumbria granted the land to Benedict Biscop to found a monastery

Yet another dodgy owner selling the ground to get round Ffp! 

• Like 1