IGNORED

Side Vs Peterborough

GrahamC

If we are to believe James Piercy then Semenyo isn’t available for tomorrow & we know HNM isn’t either.

After midweek with Dasilva injuring his ankle (again) & Baker his knee, I can’t see either of them being fit for selection, either.

No indication as to whether Wells is fit & rumours that Scott has picked up a knock, as well as whether we are prepared to start Williams again so soon after Wednesday.

Whatever happens it looks like a much changed side to me with Vyner & possibly one of the younger strikers like Bell or Janneh involved in the squad.

Probably something like:

Bentley, Tanner, Kalas, Atkinson, Pring, Weimann, King, James, O’Dowda, Palmer, Wells.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If we are to believe James Piercy then Semenyo isn’t available for tomorrow & we know HNM isn’t either.

After midweek with Dasilva injuring his ankle (again) & Baker his knee, I can’t see either of them being fit for selection, either.

No indication as to whether Wells is fit & rumours that Scott has picked up a knock, as well as whether we are prepared to start Williams again so soon after Wednesday.

Whatever happens it looks like a much changed side to me with Vyner & possibly one of the younger strikers like Bell or Janneh involved in the squad.

Probably something like:

Bentley, Tanner, Kalas, Atkinson, Pring, Weimann, King, James, O’Dowda, Palmer, Wells.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simpson start RB and Tanner to play in front of him. Palmer and COD starting would be embarrassing as they did nothing to warrant selection on Wednesday. 

The quicker Pearson is back the quicker our injury count will reduce. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simpson start RB and Tanner to play in front of him. Palmer and COD starting would be embarrassing as they did nothing to warrant selection on Wednesday. 

The quicker Pearson is back the quicker our injury count will reduce. 

Good shout, I did wonder if we had fewer injuries whether Tanner might have got a breather tomorrow.

They didn’t but not sure who else we have, Martin badly needs a rest, Bakinson doesn’t deserve to stay in the side, so not too many options.

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably something like:

Scott was fit for the 18 on Wednesday so hoping he’ll be ok.

Gonna be an interesting announcement tomorrow at 2pm.

Williams is a real dilemma and risk…especially with a 2 week break after this match.  Short term around works against him though from Wednesday.

In your line-up I’d go Scott RW, Palmer LW and Weimann and Wells up top….but as you say no idea who is fit.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Williams is a real dilemma and risk…especially with a 2 week break after this match.  Short term around works against him though from Wednesday.

In your line-up I’d go Scott RW, Palmer LW and Weimann and Wells up top….but as you say no idea who is fit.

Scott’s also been called up for England U19s - I’d imagine he must be ok or the club would have asked he be left out of the squad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, looking at it again it appears Scott is fit & they seem ideal opponents for him.

Can’t see us gambling on Williams from the start, especially if we do so with Wells, can’t have too many who you aren’t confident will play the 90.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, looking at it again it appears Scott is fit & they seem ideal opponents for him.

Can’t see us gambling on Williams from the start, especially if we do so with Wells, can’t have too many who you aren’t confident will play the 90.

Its a shame if Williams isn't fit, because he showed real energy and great pressing at Millwall. Our hopes disappeared after Joe was injured. Id love to see him and HNM in the coming weeks. Fingers and toes crossed.

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Its a shame if Williams isn't fit, because he showed real energy and great pressing at Millwall. Our hopes disappeared after Joe was injured. Id love to see him and HNM in the coming weeks. Fingers and toes crossed.

Got to be realistic though.

Last season he faced Cardiff then Sheff U a few days later & was then out for months.

If he’s only right to play say half an hour start Andy King who won’t let us down & we can use him late on if needed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Got to be realistic though.

Last season he faced Cardiff then Sheff U a few days later & was then out for months.

If he’s only right to play say half an hour start Andy King who won’t let us down & we can use him late on if needed.

Im surprised that King didn't come on at Millwall Graham, because hes a steady player. Unlike Palmer who is continuing to fail our low expectations.

13 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Im surprised that King didn't come on at Millwall Graham, because hes a steady player. Unlike Palmer who is continuing to fail our low expectations.

Think injuries forced Fleming’s hand.  All 3 subs influenced by injuries.

14 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Said before I think the fact that he got our equaliser v Fulham influenced that.

Dealt a rough hand with 2 injuries & a precautionary sub of Williams forcing our changes, but if we had our time again probably Pring is the only one of the 3 who came on who would do so again.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Probably something like:

I might be wrong but wasn’t bakers injury a reoccurrence of his ankle injury. CF said he had injections before the game. Either way I doubt he’ll be playing. 
if him & jay are out I see us reverting to a back 4 unless zac comes back in as right side of a three. 

Bentley 

Vyner.        Kalas.     Atkinson

tanner.                                            Pring

Williams  james

Scott/king 

Wiemann.   Martin

or

Bentley

tanner.     Kalas.       Atkinson.       Pring

Scott/king , williams, james

wiemann.     Martin.   O’dowda 

or the above as 4411

Assuming that nobody of the injured players recovers/will be risked...

Bentley; Tanner,Kalas,Atkinson,Pring; King, James; Scott, Palmer, O'Dowda, Weimann.

Bench: O'Leary, Vyner (option as CB or DM) Simpson, Bakinson, Williams?, Janneh, Martin.

Edited by Dan Robin

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we are close to having a good side if only players would stop getting injured!

Williams finally comes back and then Massengo is out. Dasilva plays like he's back to his best, but then limps off.

Yes, Jay starting to look good again.  Hopefully confident that he’s over his shin probs. That little bit of coolness on Wednesday is what he’s good at.

Semenyo has good games off the bench after a long injury and now he's apparently injured again.

wonder if he’s close to getting back on the bench.

Wells has 2 good games and injures himself in the warm up.

hopefully he will be ok….but my gut feel is he won’t be.

Not sure Baker is quite so important if we go back to a back 4, but it might be away from home he would have played left back with Dasilva out and Pring then goes back to the left wing.

agree, no point risking him again with a 2 week break coming up, get him back fit for the resumption.

I doubt Bell will be involved. I think Janneh probably most likely to be on the bench from those 23s if our injury list is quite bad.

Who knows, maybe Pearson/Fleming are thinking of Britton as an impact sub, giving us something to aim at in the box at least late on.

If Wells is out, I think that makes sense. Nige has said he can make an impact, so he’s not doubting his ability.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Assuming none of the injured players are fit to return my team would be: -

Bentley

Tanner.          Kalas.       Atkinson.      Pring

Scott            James.        King          Palmer

Weimann       

Martin

• Like 2

All we have to go on, is snippets after the game.
Williams was tiredness & cramp. I would expect him to be ok.
Baker had had injections to play but landed on his heel so had to come off. Has to be doubtful
DaSilva ankle, has to be a doubt.
HNM & Semenyo must be doubtful.

If we keep to a back 3 , Vyner or Simpson could step in, with Tanner and Pring WB's.
That would keep a similar shape, so. James and either Williams if fit, or King.
That leaves Weimann as a sure starter, and unfortunately I think we will continue with Martin. He surely should be rested , but this is what I think will happen , not what I would do. That leaves a spot for everyones favourite player COD, to come and add balance on the left.

Bentley
          Simpson - Kalas - Atkinson
Tanner -  James - Williams - Pring
          Weimann -  - COD
                      Martin

As for what I would do, probably be more like.

Bentley
Tanner - Kalas - Atkinson - Pring

King - James - COD/Williams
                     Scott
            Weimann - Wells

I will feel better when Nige is back though. Not sure it would have made a difference, or we are looking for excuses, but it would be one less thing to think about.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

They seem to be less prone to injury with him around. Put it that way

13 hours ago, frenchred said:

He's a manager not a bloody miracle worker!

Some are deluded on here

Nigel was missing for ONE match and we get four 'injuries'- two of which are recurring NB & JD, Wells in the warm up and Williams withdrawn because he's not yet completely 90 minute match fit and his strong committed performance caught up with him. I really dont see how NP's presence would have prevented this situation.

• The title was changed to Side Vs Peterborough
17 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Don't want odowda anywhere near the team he us awful.

I’ve never rated Callum at all . However it’ll be interesting to see if Pearson can coach him better than previous managers . I personally don’t think he will because as I’ve said previously , his basics are wrong , ie running with his head down & into trouble. That’s a very basic trait & im amazed he’s got to championship level playing that way. I really do hope I’m wrong though as I’d never want one of our players to fail . 

• Like 3