IGNORED

Peterborough United away match day thread

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

Ahh exellent odowda’s back in the team could today we see him fulfill his potential after all weve only been waiting four years

Ask the question..how many times you  left a stadium and said or thought COD was good today…one comes to mind few seasons back when we lost 3 2 at Norwich…anyone else please…but today will be the day….be  positive ?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rather than predict poor performances from certain players before the game even starts, why don’t we actually just watch how they play.

Its a good eleven.  There is no reason for it to not perform based on one or two player’s selections.

Spot on Dave, as usual. We all understand the limitations of the current squad (yes, there are plenty). But it is what it is, and we'll be stuck with what we we've got for a good while yet.

How about getting behind the players and trying to encourage them to give the best that they've got?.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
Just now, Red_Alligator said:

Spot on Dave, as usual. We all understand the limitations of the current squad (yes, there are plenty). But it is what it is, and we'll be stuck with what we we've got for a good while yet.

How about getting behind the players and trying to encourage them to give the best that they've got?.

...and then during the game, the bias + or - to certain players is amazing.  One players bad touch pounced upon, another ooooh that was unlucky.

Its why I tune out of the MDT during the play, and watch the game.  Its worth reading back 20-30 pages on a Sunday or Monday, and picking out the bias.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Obviously not the perfect team any of us would pick with free choice, but this is the reality of where we are right now.

We are going to have some average players, inconsistent ones, or tired ones - that's the life of a mid table championship club which I'm very relieved to day we seem to be this season.

Still think they're a decent 11 for us and good enough to get a result today.

COYR!

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I love it when they make comments during the game then find out they listened to bbcrb.

Yep. 100% belters. I’m not there today & got rid of my dodgy  iptv stream so its radio Bristol for me . I may comment that I’m happy or disappointed with a result but you can’t comment on the performance. 
 Mind you Ian what ever his name is , is currently making a living from it . ?

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The main reason I rarely comment on the match day thread . Everyone’s a ******* expert when the teams announced ?

plus the one or two that have crawled out of the woodwork after one defeat in 6 

So everybody has to bow to your greater knowledge and opinion do they? You've got your opinions, I've  got mine. Live with it!

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

So everybody has to bow to your greater knowledge and opinion do they? You've got your opinions, I've  got mine. Live with it!

Where did I say that exactly . In my opinion your opinion is uneducated. We haven’t kicked a ball yet but you’ve slagged off both our strikers that have in general had a good start to the season & even suggested playing vyner up front . ?

Edited by steviestevieneville
5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

BBC have lined us up as 3-5-2.

Warming up just now Pring and Tanner lined up either side of Kalas and Atkinson, which would seem to indicate a back 4, but might have been trying to fool Posh. 

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Warming up just now Pring and Tanner lined up either side of Kalas and Atkinson, which would seem to indicate a back 4, but might have been trying to fool Posh. 

A back four seems more likely to me. I somehow can't see them going with a three, having Pring as the left-sided central defender.

Perhaps four at the back, two deeper lying CMs in James and King, Weimann-Williams-O'Dowda ahead of them and Martin up top?

Something like that. Seems a bit more credible to me. (The BBC website always shows the teams in a certain formation, whether it be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or whatever. I often wonder who decides that and where they get their information from, if indeed they have any. Or is it pure guesswork by some anonymous, minor sports  journo? More interested to hear what a better informed BBC RB commentary team make it out to be.)

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:The BBC website always shows the teams in a certain formation, whether it be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or whatever. I often wonder who decides that and where they get their information from, if indeed they have any. Or is it pure guesswork by some anonymous, minor sports  journo? More interested to hear what a better informed BBC RB commentary team make it out to be.)

It’s generated automatically via Opta. All the match information (stats, scores, line-ups etc) comes from them.

• Thanks 1