IGNORED

Peterborough United away match day thread

5 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Starting to get fed up of the amount of crosses we concede from our right. Tanner just doesn't get close enough to his man every time. For the goal, bloody Kalas is almost tripping over him. Not good enough from both.

Learning his game still but way out of position on the cross for the 2nd, needed to be closer to player making the cross.

Just now, downendcity said:

In the Peterborough paper this week he said he was determined to show City fans what they missed! 

Think I recall that when he left us he made some sort of semi-salty comment about the amount of game time he had here.

Did he really expect to be starting every week after be jumping up from L2?

It appears he holds a bit of a grudge against us now!

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

COD our main source of chances created. Good half from him

better from him, but still presses 5 yards from his man....got to impose himself more....like he did when nipping it away from Thompson.  too much time watching the ball be passed around him.  He's been unlucky with two crosses.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

better from him, but still presses 5 yards from his man....got to impose himself more....like he did when nipping it away from Thompson.  too much time watching the ball be passed around him.  He's been unlucky with two crosses.

He does seem to spend an enormous amount of time "spinning around" looking where the ball has just gone.

Edited by VT05763
7 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Just arrived in Gibraltar wearing my city shirt and the guy who did my COVID test is a city fan and started shouting Bristol out the window at me :laughcont:. Told him the score. Small world.

If this would happen to me I would be shocked. I found only british persons that support PL teams.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Slow start, but eventually got our pressing shape and dealt with their opposite runners (one short, one long), started to see them struggle to play out and then they scored.  Fought back well, good pressure with a few corners after good build-up, and we equalise.  Another good spell of building led to going ahead, but Szmodics (off you - not #feelingsupersonicgivemesammieszmodics) has scored two goals.

Just got to keep concentrating, they are here for the taking - they probably feel the same.

Pring mixed, looking good getting forward, but positionally not great at LB.

James and Williams good, King very quiet.

Would get Scott on for the last 30..give them something to think about.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We've been failing to stop teams getting crosses in for about 3 seasons. I can't understand why successive coaches have failed to sort this weakness. Not just down to one or two players. 

Anyone scouting us will see this weakness. We are sooooo narrow at the back. Wide men have so much time to get crosses in.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Think I recall that when he left us he made some sort of semi-salty comment about the amount of game time he had here.

Did he really expect to be starting every week after be jumping up from L2?

It appears he holds a bit of a grudge against us now!

What, because he's just scored 2 very good goals against us?

No surprise if he holds a grudge against Lee Johnson, not the club or the fans though.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Are we not? We have to beat the teams in the bottom six to ensure that your assumption becomes reality.

I think we’ll have enough points regardless of against top six or bottom six. Whilst I don’t think we’ll go down I also don’t think we’ll achieve prem football in three seasons