IGNORED

Peterborough United away match day thread

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

A quick mention for the ref who I thought had a good game and could have awarded us a free lick as Williams was fouled in providing the assist for the winner. Especially given the terrible conditions I thought overall he did really well today.

I don’t like the sound of a free lick… ?

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Great result and sounded like a real gutsy performance in crap conditions. We are no way near the finished article yet, but at least we don’t give up and fight to stay in games. If we could get James, Williams and Massengo in midfield fully fit that could develop into a hell of an engine room at this level. Certainly exceeded my expectations where we are at this stage and although not always pretty we look more competitive. Let’s get into Bournemouth’s faces in two weeks time!

This is it for me. Last season we were a complete embarrassment after the first 10 games or so. We didn't even compete and a huge chunk of our squad were dishonest bastards literally stealing a living out of Steve Lansdown. What we do have now is a competitive streak slightly marred by a lack of genuine and consistent quality through the side (eg Martin's winner was top drawer but he doesn't produce it every game or even every three games). In this division it is the competitive streak and honesty of the players that can see us through particularly in games like today that could have gone either way. Then Nige can think about how and where we add the quality to be able to control games as well as win them. That's the next step but as you say, a long way off and a few of the more "emotional" posters on the match day threads need to get a grip and realise that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Watched on IPTV, a deserved victory and we go into the break in good spirits. Sort the injuries out and we're looking promising, something we wouldn't have said at the start of the season.

MOTM for me was COD, surprisingly.

Radio Bristol makes for good listening. Joey must stay! ;)

Well done boys! :clap:

Edited by Ska Junkie
6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is it for me. Last season we were a complete embarrassment after the first 10 games or so. We didn't even compete and a huge chunk of our squad were dishonest bastards literally stealing a living out of Steve Lansdown. What we do have now is a competitive streak slightly marred by a lack of genuine and consistent quality through the side (eg Martin's winner was top drawer but he doesn't produce it every game or even every three games). In this division it is the competitive streak and honesty of the players that can see us through particularly in games like today that could have gone either way. Then Nige can think about how and where we add the quality to be able to control games as well as win them. That's the next step but as you say, a long way off and a few of the more "emotional" posters on the match day threads need to get a grip and realise that.

Well said

What a really solid first ten games.

NP is turning it round.  He does what it says on the packet.

Excellent appointment of Assistant Manager too.  Credit to him today as well.  Could easily have done a Johnson with terrible subs and playing 10 in our own penalty area.

We also seem to have a few really quality players coming through.  So pleased Tanner scored.  Looked a good take for a fullback.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Excellent appointment of Assistant Manager too.  Credit to him today as well.  Could easily have done a Johnson with terrible subs and playing 10 in our own penalty area.

We also seem to have a few really quality players coming through.  So pleased Tanner scored.  Looked a good take for a fullback.

I am starting to think that Curtis Fleming is the missing link that Pearson has needed to get HIMSELF up and running in the job tbh.

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Was just thinking he must be coming up to his first anniversary being here?  He's absolutely turned it round.    Cleared out the dead wood, made a small number of strategic signings, and instilled a high performance culture.

• Like 1

OK, just got in from the game and my immediate thoughts.

City looked too ponderous in their build up play on the right side.

Possibly because if the weather, the ref let play continue when others may have stopped the game for an infringement.

During that down pour in the 2nd half I feared the Ref would abandon the game.

Must watch the goals on TV later as on the bus coming home, all the P'boro' fans assured me there was a definite handball involved in City's winner.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Edited by 22A
20 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

A refreshing change from Wednesday night.

Tanner, James and Williams are real gems. Let's hope they keep shining.

Though I've singled some out, today all the other players deserve praise too.

Fair play to Martin for getting that crucial goal.

That's wiped the smile off Victoria Beckham's face !

Weimann doesn’t 

• Like 2