IGNORED

Peterborough United away match day thread

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, just gone in from the game and my immediate thoughts.

City looked too ponderous in their build up play on the right side.

Possibly because if the weather, the ref let play continue when others may have stopped the game for an infringement.

During that down pour in the 2nd half I feared the Ref would abandon the game.

Must watch the goals on TV later as on the bus coming home, all the P'boro' fans assured me there was a definite handball involved in City's winner.

Well you’re a cheery chappie, aren’t you?  If those are your immediate thoughts when we win, God help your bus driver when we lose. 

• Like 1

Great reaction after midweek.

Like I said then; we’ll have ups and downs, which Fulham>Millwall>today is pretty much how I imagined it.

Nice to be top half while we still have a lot to figure out and room for improvement.

Now; if only we could get next week’s game against Bournemouth moved to their ground, we might stand a chance…

COYR

30 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, just got in from the game and my immediate thoughts.

Possibly because if the weather, the ref let play continue when others may have stopped the game for an infringement.

Must watch the goals on TV later as on the bus coming home, all the P'boro' fans assured me there was a definite handball involved in City's winner.

If it was Joe Williams on the edge of the box that the fans are talking about the highlights don't show much but none of the players are appealing for handball which you would expect.

35 minutes ago, 22A said:

There really wasn’t.

Edited by RedEyez
59 minutes ago, 22A said:

Was also at the game , god you’re miserable , great day out , great result and a very good performance , 16 shots , 6 on target says we went for it , both sides looking to attack so obviously some worrying moments , the spirit is fantastic well done lads 

Also got to say our fans were brilliant today from minute one , never shut up , worth adding  especially away but at home too the players and fans are building a bond that is helping everyone.

PS. All the Peterborough fans who assured you it was handball for the winner were nowhere near it , it was up our end , with just a few of their fans behind the goal , behave ?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

A quick mention for the ref who I thought had a good game and could have awarded us a free lick as Williams was fouled in providing the assist for the winner. Especially given the terrible conditions I thought overall he did really well today.

Ferguson doesn't agree and thought they should have had a pen. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-manager-says-premier-league-referee-played-a-big-part-in-bristol-citys-win-but-his-own-side-need-to-get-the-finer-details-right-more-often-3405445

16 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

When everyone is fit at posh he doesn’t get in. He wouldn’t get in our team. You are blinded by one game. Expect this is the first time you’ve seen him play for ages!

I am not blinded by one game as i thought he was quality when he was with us and as the EFL programme said last night he has scored 21 goals since leaving City I rate the guy 

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I am not blinded by one game as i thought he was quality when he was with us and as the EFL programme said last night he has scored 21 goals since leaving City I rate the guy 

When was he quality for us? I think I watched most of his games for us and I can’t remember a game where I thought he put in a quality performance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, downendcity said:

A City winner in the 81st minute would seal the day then!

I'll accept 84th minute as pretty damn close. Had lunch at 'Boscastle Farm Shop' which was very fulfilling, returned home to find City drawing 20 mins from the final whistle, and then the winner by Martin to seal a good day!

Thanks to all for the emojis as well.  Thanks also to the 'Major' for the 'My Little Pony'!

18 hours ago, billywedlock said:

After the mid week melt down, we are still right bang in the middle of the table. No fluke. If we had continued the form of last season we would be at the bottom with Derby. No we are not yet where want to be, but what incredible progress . It bodes well for the future . This squad will only get better.well done everyone, and a big plus for the fans who made that journey. 

Bang on great progress and a much more resilient team. 

3 hours ago, westonred said:

Well find out, JCH is banned for the next few games so he will get a run. 

I think Sammy had a rough time here he's grown as a player since leaving that's for sure.  He benifited from good supply today, he probably didn't get that at city we played a different way under Johnson. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Szmodics didn’t get a chance here.  He may not have earned that chance on the training ground.  But ultimately he was let down by a poor recruitment strategy.

No he never got much of an opportunity under LJ - who really knows why?

SS was coveted by other clubs having regularly impressed at Colchester but was snapped up by City on a three year contract  but after 6 months or so moved to Posh - all a bit odd in my view

• Like 1