IGNORED

Today’s results

luke_bristol

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

You don’t think Covid has anything to do with scratching around for free transfers? He wasn’t perfect, but that’s quite some statement. It also baffles me that Holdens reign has somehow been deleted from history! COYR 

Course covid has had an effect, but covid didn’t blow £millions on pointless dire tranfers that we were glad to see walk away for free at the end of last season.

Holden was awful too and definitely shouldn’t have been appointed, but look at the crap squad he was left with though.  Also, he wasn’t given four and a half years to drag this club down like LJ was allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why does Sunderland losing, or Portsmouth winning, take note..? 

I assume it's the johnson connection. Some fans just didn't, and i guess still don't, want to see him succeed. 

Personally it's not that I dislike johnson, it's just that I can't bear the thought of the utter drivel he'd start spouting if they were to start being successful. 

His pseudo-smart ramblings really were insufferable at times, and if it takes Sunderland losing to protect me from re-living that pain,  then so be it!

Edited by Bernard Lerring
Duplication
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bernard Lerring said:

I assume it's the johnson connection. Some fans just didn't, and i guess still don't, want to see him succeed. 

Personally it's not that I dislike johnson, it's just that I can't bear the thought of the utter drivel he'd start spouting if they were to start being successful. 

His pseudo-smart ramblings really were insufferable at times, and if it takes Sunderland losing to protect me from re-living that pain,  then so be it!

Whilst at the end, the time was of course right for a change, I could quite happily re-live the pain of one of our best periods in my 30 years of support. 

Consistent improvement. Constantly in touch (despite not making it) of the play offs and a major cup semi final against one of the best teams in the world, where we held our own. 

It wasn't perfect, but the way some look back on it is utterly baffling..! 

The internal issues were Ashton, not LJ, IMHO. 

Anyway, let's concentrate on the future now - but any bitterness towards LJ is misguided, I think. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst at the end, the time was of course right for a change, I could quite happily re-live the pain of one of our best periods in my 30 years of support. 

Consistent improvement. Constantly in touch (despite not making it) of the play offs and a major cup semi final against one of the best teams in the world, where we held our own. 

It wasn't perfect, but the way some look back on it is utterly baffling..! 

The internal issues were Ashton, not LJ, IMHO. 

Anyway, let's concentrate on the future now - but any bitterness towards LJ is misguided, I think. 

Sorry, probably put it a bit strongly (posting after a couple of beers!).

I too have overall good memories of his tenure. My distaste was really aimed at the way he conducts himself, rather than his ability or achievements here (which of course I'd like to re live, who wouldn't). It's a shame because he's a well meaning and seemingly capable guy.

I've just always preferred humble people to smart-arses

Edited by Bernard Lerring

13 hours ago, Negan said:

Am I the only one who wants lee Johnson to do well? Weird how fans enjoy his team getting beat. Ex player and manager who has given great service to this club and was honoured to be here. Hope he wins the league with Sunderland myself. 

Ashton however... 

Nothing against LJ, hope Sunderland can be leauge one winner. Also wants Cotts do well, GJ also. Those managers have done the best they could for our Club.

• Like 5

On 02/10/2021 at 19:42, bexhill reds said:

Ashton not doing a touch line run and crowd surfing the away end today then……

On 02/10/2021 at 19:48, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably too busy on his exit strategy and how to get the most dosh from it and not lose face.

Also, it would have messed up those nice brown pointy-toed shoes with it being so wet.

On such a rainswept day as it was Saturday, seeing a middle-aged man running around the touchline with hair dye dripping down his cheeks and chin would not have been a good look. Would have been as funny as hell though!

• Haha 1