IGNORED

Martin silences critics by slamming winner in 5 goal thriller at rain swept London Road

headhunter

We'll debate the action in our live podcast at 6.00 PM. Listen here: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=Yn8G2cxYugY

A deserved 3 points for City who displayed great team spirit to leave them in 9th with a 1/4 of the season gone going into the next international break.

Despite two clever goals Sammy Szmodics was denied the chance to put one over on City.

Tanner played well enough scoring his first goal for the club but for me the star was Joe Williams with a battling display when he rode three tackles before setting up the chance for Martin to score the decisive goal.

I'm not a fan of O'Dowda but he did OK until going off with injury but Scott did well as a sub and his saving tackle on Kanu as the home side went looking for an equaliser in the closing stages showed a new side to his game.

We'd take 9th in May after the trials of last season but can we do better than that???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, headhunter said:

We'll debate the action in our live podcast at 6.00 PM. Listen here: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=Yn8G2cxYugY

A deserved 3 points for City who displayed great team spirit to leave them in 9th with a 1/4 of the season gone going into the next international break.

Despite two clever goals Sammy Szmodics was denied the chance to put one over on City.

Tanner played well enough scoring his first goal for the club but for me the star was Joe Williams with a battling display when he rode three tackles before setting up the chance for Martin to score the decisive goal.

I'm not a fan of O'Dowda but he did OK until going off with injury but Scott did well as a sub and his saving tackle on Kanu as the home side went looking for an equaliser in the closing stages showed a new side to his game.

We'd take 9th in May after the trials of last season but can we do better than that???

Hes bound to come good now an again but not the answer a good sub for 15 minutes .

8 hours ago, headhunter said:

Mate he's bound to come good now an again bu

This is a recording of the podcast: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/city-successful-on-the-road-again-in-a-5-goal-thriller-at-soggy-peterboro/

In addition to discussing the game we review a tough trio of games in 8 games after the international break [ B'mouth & Forest home, WBA away] and what if we maintain our current position or better at the half way stage - will it affect the type of activity that takes place in the January transfer window.

• Like 1

Just managed to listen while travelling to and from a job.

Ian was just about inaudible, it sounded like he was in a large room talking to a mic the other side of the room from him. Les started OK but got quieter as it went on. It meant I missed a large chunk of what they were saying. Strangely Mark sounded absolutely fine despite you shutting him down pretty quickly because of the poor sound.

I'm not sure I missed a lot by not being able to hear Ian clearly though, as his cunning plan to improve our results that he seemed very proud of consisted of "Stop the opposition getting so many crosses and shots"!

• Haha 1

On 02/10/2021 at 17:06, headhunter said:

Edited by Porto Red

@headhunteryou have a decent product and what’s good it’s a different approach to OSIB. 

Well done on getting Ian to name his team vs Bournemouth. No where to hide now Ian!

My only other build is to keep a clear structure to the show. When it goes well the structure appears to be 

review game

team for next game

another subject (eg transfer window)

When it doesn’t go well we find the panel going down rabbit holes talking about the team next week before the review of the game has completed. It loses its flow when this happens.

Just my thoughts but normally an enjoyable listen.

• Like 1