IGNORED

Some goals for you all

CiderJar

Just home. Good open game, City fans in fine voice and I am soaked but happy.

Both teams in fairness went for it second half, thought we just about deserved it as our crossing was better and forced their goalie in to a couple of saves. One of those matches that could on a different day have gone against us, but they scored with two great finishes and still lost. At half time was struggling to think of a chance they missed.

Players really punching the air at the final whistle. Going to be games like this where I am over the moon,  others where I am going to be gutted, but by and large we are a team, give it our all and it’s enjoyable to watch again. Will take that right now.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Just home. Good open game, City fans in fine voice and I am soaked but happy.

Both teams in fairness went for it second half, thought we just about deserved it as our crossing was better and forced their goalie in to a couple of saves. One of those matches that could on a different day have gone against us, but they scored with two great finishes and still lost. At half time was struggling to think of a chance they missed.

Players really punching the air at the final whistle. Going to be games like this where I am over the moon,  others where I am going to be gutted, but by and large we are a team, give it our all and it’s enjoyable to watch again. Will take that right now.

The commentator on the BBC Final Score sounded like he thought the goal was against the run of play, but the highlights and the BBC Text doesn't marry up to that.

Have to say when watching this, I do miss the miserable, autumnal Saturday 3pm games away at someone like Peterborough (more so with the old terrace) in a 3-2 type game and a lateish winner.

Decent finish for the winner. Never have been particularly sold on Chris Martin, even at Derby when he scored a load, but he bags goals.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The commentator on the BBC Final Score sounded like he thought the goal was against the run of play, but the highlights and the BBC Text doesn't marry up to that.

Yea, would not agree with that. Peterborough went for it in fairness and most likely shaded possession, but it was hardly the Alamo, and I though we are always carrying a threat. 

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

Quality finish from Tanner!

The ball comes at him at speed, a lot of players would sky that but the placement with the side of his foot was spot on

Edit: credit where its due. Szmodics first is a cracking strike

and TBF is header isn't that bad either ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

Yea, would not agree with that. Peterborough went for it in fairness and most likely shaded possession, but it was hardly the Alamo, and I though we are always carrying a threat. 

People say we don’t work the keeper enough, we did today.

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Their keeper pulled off a couple of great saves didn't he. 

Yep, 3 saves from Martin in second half iirc.

3395D31A-3E37-45AE-999E-1E015D6372AE.thumb.jpeg.d2069c6e745edb0e623ec15c839c6585.jpeg

xG fairly representative.  They scored two worldies.

Martin deserved to be the match winner today - after a questionable performance in the week he was great today. That burst in the second half when he ghosted past 2 defenders shows that he still has some physical prowess, was unlucky with a couple of good headers saved but came up trumps in the end.

Thanks for the videos. Looked closely at a couple of things that got mentioned.

Hand ball for winner? Gets close a couple of time. First time on the floor (no contact with hand) and when it bounces up. The latter, there is an angle where it does look clearly the chest not arm.

The penalty shout at 11:17 last video just before the goal…think Williams is clever, forward is as much leaning back to shoot which makes the contact, but to be honest it’s a fair shout. Harsh if given.

• Like 1