IGNORED

COD today ?

DT The Optimist

Thoughts please from anyone who watched the game... On radio Brizzle he seemed to have a good game, and did really well,  That was Owers view and that of the assistant.  Came off as hamstrings got tight and not wanted to be risked...

Your views, seemed to play properly wide and seemed to gave the posh full back a had time ? True ?

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Thoughts please from anyone who watched the game... On radio Brizzle he seemed to have a good game, and did really well,  That was Owers view and that of the assistant.  Came off as hamstrings got tight and not wanted to be risked...

Your views, seemed to play properly wide and seemed to gave the posh full back a had time ? True ?

Ran and ran while he was on with little end product as per normal,there is a player in there but not sure we can keep waiting after this season is done and dusted 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ran and ran while he was on with little end product as per normal,there is a player in there but not sure we can keep waiting after this season is done and dusted 

If I am right he wanted to go elsewhere, and no suitors hence still here & signed that new contract a while back.  Let's hope he ends up with that 'end product'. 

Just now, ashton_fan said:

Was good going forward but not so good defensively, needs to learn how to tackle as he's a bit lightweight in that situation. I suppose if he was good everywhere he wouldn't be playing for us.

You missed his goal saving tackle first half then?

COD was very good today. Some great crosses first half which players couldn’t get on the end of.  Lovely linking with Pring

• Like 3

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

You missed his goal saving tackle first half then?

COD was very good today. Some great crosses first half which players couldn’t get on the end of.  Lovely linking with Pring

That tackle did turn out good but I don't like defenders going to ground in the box unless it's a desperate situation, it could easily have ended differently. Agree he was our best attacking threat though.

Just to temper expectations somewhat, he was playing against a side that will almost certainly be in the bottom five come May and I’m not sure that’s a yardstick by which to judge him. On the flip side, he’s not 100% fit so the perhaps there is more to come.

I’ve always suspected there is a player in there, but he’s in the last-chance saloon this season IMO. Time to step up or be bombed out in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No, you’re not right.  ?

He signed a contract extension of three years in Sept 2019 with an option another 12 months.

Heres what he said then from the main web site in 2019...

“I’m really happy to have signed a long-term deal with Bristol City,” O’Dowda told the club website. “I know it took a long time but I’ve always wanted to stay here and I just needed to make sure it was right for both myself and the football club

I can recall the club wanted him to sign for a long time and it dragged on and on. He himself says it took a long time, and the fans view, right or wrong, was he was seeing his options..and it appeared there were not any ?  No issues with that. Fact is he did sign an extension in the end.

I am unsure when his contract does run out but as others have said perhaps he can now step up and become the player we would all like to see.  Well done today COD

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Oh, come on. Pull the other one. What next, you don't sit in the sauna, listening to ABBA while browsing OTIB??

He he, not a fan of COD but today he was good. ABBA ok but not my cup of tea as you say in England. Sauna is great in winter when its cold outside. Good for body and mind. Good win today, 3 goals and 3 points. COYR!!!

• Like 6

Just hope he can stay fit  for the rest of the season, the only way we will know if he's the player that we hopped he would be.

Big season for him has talent for sure can he show Pearson real commitment, by that i mean go in where he thinks he might get hurt and stay fit,he could be a real player for us.

If not this season would be his last here you would imagine. Pearson is not going to carry many passengers.

2 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Always works hard off the ball but people only ever look at his goal return. He certainly has areas to improve but he’s a first X1 player for me and all our managers since he was signed seem to agree 

That’s not true . I’ve never looked at his goal return , he’s a winger so you wouldn’t expect many goals. What I expect is 1 for him to be more robust , he goes down to easy , needs to use his body / arms to protect himself , he’s a big Lad. 
2 run with his head up . If I could do it playing local park football without looking at the ball constantly with it at my feet then he should be able to.

3 decision making . When to release the ball &not running into trouble. That’s partly linked to my second point. 
 He’s one of the most frustrating players we’ve signed . Physically he’s got everything to succeed . He needs to grow up mentally in footballing terms 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 2