Jump to content
IGNORED

Are we all good with Pearson now?


Top Robin
 Share

Recommended Posts

We're a distinctly average team. That's a huge improvement on last season.

Going in the right direction though so after being cold on his appointment I'm happy with the job he's done so far this season.

Hopefully he can take us on to the next level as well.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, King Fox said:

Give him time. He will build a squad, an environment and and backroom to be proud of. There'll be bumps in the road and a few poor performances but stick with it. 

Yours is the result I look for first when our matches finish and it gives me a massive sense of joy when you win.

All the best.

If you like us that much the least you could do is change your name to Red Fox 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes we will still have the odd poor performance but so long as we have more days like today and look like we are improving as a team and a club, then surely it's time to admit that Nige is the man to take us forward. 

He's doing OK. 

Would be nice to win a home game before I retire though. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes we will still have the odd poor performance but so long as we have more days like today and look like we are improving as a team and a club, then surely it's time to admit that Nige is the man to take us forward. 

To be honest I would suggest 99% are behind him. Most acknowledge our current financial situation and the need for steady stabilised progression. Slow progress but feel it’s more solid and will be longer lasting. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

let's be totally frank here.

we're a long way from even being close to a "pearson" team, in terms of personnel.

but my word what a change. the shower of shit we put up with last year, to now, is a massive, massive improvement. the progress is astonshing - fitness; commitment; results.

the home win will come.

i think we have the right man....we should ALREADY be planning his successor...

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should all ‘be good’ with Pearson - he’s an established and well respected manager with a three year  project and just 11 games in we’re seeing significant signs of improvement.

Im confident that he’ll get us the PL - but I doubt it’ll be this season tho.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was very happy when he came in & nothings changed . We will be inconsistent for quite a while imo . He’ll bring in two or three players at a time & slowly rebuild , we have to go with it. He inherited a complete shit show & to be  honest I’m a bit surprised how quickly he’s managed to get such a tight bond within the squad & the players with the fans. I was seriously pissed off with a collective downing of tools last season. I’ll always excuse players having poor games but not lacking in effort , that’s a disgrace . 
Let’s hope he’s back fit  & firing because we got a tough run coming up , but I’m looking long term . Top manager at our level . 

  • Like 14
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The point of the question is that if we lose against Bournemouth some bellend will pipe up that Pearson should go probably?

Half glass full springs to mind... the bell-ends are the ones who just want to make trouble....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s seen the problems throughout the club and is going to gradually sort them, we’ve already seen that with the back room improvements. Every manager should have at least three transfer windows to get what they need in and unfortunately his first one was free transfers. I have full faith in him that we will get better again and again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re still slightly shit, but less shit than we were. 

Progress.

Never doubted a proper football manager could sort us out. Only concern was once appointed, he would realise just how shit we were and bugger off. Pearson seems to be sticking with us. 
 

Thanks Ashton for sinking us so low, when you had all the cards available to really take us places. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

We're a distinctly average team. That's a huge improvement on last season.

Going in the right direction though so after being cold on his appointment I'm happy with the job he's done so far this season.

Hopefully he can take us on to the next level as well.

 

14 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We’re still slightly shit, but less shit than we were. 

Progress.

Never doubted a proper football manager could sort us out. Only concern was once appointed, he would realise just how shit we were and bugger off. Pearson seems to be sticking with us. 
 

Thanks Ashton for sinking us so low, when you had all the cards available to really take us places. 

Distinctly average and slightly shit. Sorry I thought we were in the top half of the table 2 points off playoffs. All this without winning at home. 
 

We aren’t always pretty but we picked up 3 points today in quite poor conditions with several key players missing. We had 16 shots with 6 on target and 10 corners. If anything we have grown from average to start the season to a formidable side just 11 games in. 

I think I know what you boys meant. Just didn’t agree with the wording. 11 games in we have been better than average is all and imo not slightly shit at all. Feel like this is a team growing into the season. 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, King Fox said:

Give him time. He will build a squad, an environment and and backroom to be proud of. There'll be bumps in the road and a few poor performances but stick with it. 

Yours is the result I look for first when our matches finish and it gives me a massive sense of joy when you win.

All the best.

‘Twas ever thus 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tin said:

I never had any doubt about Pearson’s ability to whip our club into shape. IMO, we’ve been crying out for an experienced appointment like this since Cotts left and possibly before.

The impact he’s having behind the scenes, from the first-team squad, to the academy, to the women, is all really positive from what I’ve heard.

We’re in good hands, and while we’ll be inconsistent for a while yet I firmly believe he’ll leave us in far better shape than the mess he inherited. 

I always felt Johnson was alright, but ran its course. I feel more confident that Pearson can build a more solid foundation for a proper go. Can't really explain it but I feel that we have more now than the slogan "five pillars" and something that the previous management were aiming for. 

Also what a relief it is to have some realism. I always felt SL etc were stupid to talk so boldly about promotion when actually a sustainable approach is better and manages expectations. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's a Manager who has more to shout about than most Bosses we've ever had but he always diverts talk to the Players and Club and not himself. His interviews are a masterclass in to say how it is with no bullshit, imo we're lucky to have him. If he can't turn the Club around, then no one can. Get well soon Nige.

  • Like 2
  • Robin 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

I always felt Johnson was alright, but ran its course. I feel more confident that Pearson can build a more solid foundation for a proper go. Can't really explain it but I feel that we have more now than the slogan "five pillars" and something that the previous management were aiming for. 

Also what a relief it is to have some realism. I always felt SL etc were stupid to talk so boldly about promotion when actually a sustainable approach is better and manages expectations. 

 

I don’t think many of us are willing to accept “alright”. I’m sick of having a manager/head coach learning their trade. We’ve been there so many times with substandard candidates, it’s a source of frustration for me. LJ should never have got the job, IMO. He coasted the wave of a very decent squad assembled by SOD and Cotts. We can talk about that until the cows come home, it makes no difference. 

With NP, I felt we finally have some direction, a clear plan; even when with those insipid performances and woeful results last year. We all know the mitigating reasons for that, and the tide is turning — faster than I thought it would.

Survival is still the goal IMO this season, anything else is a bonus. As long as we’re building, I’m happy. There’s no excuse for the wasted funds under LJ/MA, IMO, and it’s a shame NP didn’t have those resources as I’m sure he’d have made far better use of them. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tin said:

I don’t think many of us are willing to accept “alright”. I’m sick of having a manager/head coach learning their trade. We’ve been there so many times with substandard candidates, it’s a source of frustration for me. LJ should never have got the job, IMO. He coasted the wave of a very decent squad assembled by SOD and Cotts. We can talk about that until the cows come home, it makes no difference. 

With NP, I felt we finally have some direction, a clear plan; even when with those insipid performances and woeful results last year. We all know the mitigating reasons for that, and the tide is turning — faster than I thought it would.

Survival is still the goal IMO this season, anything else is a bonus. As long as we’re building, I’m happy. There’s no excuse for the wasted funds under LJ/MA, IMO, and it’s a shame NP didn’t have those resources as I’m sure he’d have made far better use of them. 

As can be seen from the top 6 rated players on the BBC site going to NP players. If only eh…. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...