IGNORED

Curtis Fleming

Danwal

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Even he was born in England!

But he was brought up in Dublin, so he is very much a genuine Irishman. 

Read his backstory, definitely had a tough old start in life & it is incredibly impressive what he has made of himself.

• Like 1

CF and NP obviously close as former team mates with a history going back a long way. My view is that we are a bit more “grown up” these days. It was a criticism of the LJ years that he’d been given too much, “too many toys” was sometimes said. Not his fault, TBH, but it doubtless led to the tinkering and uncertainty, players sidelined etc, that we often saw. No such luxury these days for Nige but the impression when listening to Curtis is that the two of them are open and honest with no attempt to baffle us with the coaching complexity and excuses of recent seasons. That will be a blessed relief even if we only finish 10th-15th.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Read his backstory, definitely had a tough old start in life & it is incredibly impressive what he has made of himself.

I decided to have a look on your recommendation, and found this.  What an impressive man he is.

https://www.the42.ie/curtis-fleming-interview-5128876-Jun2020/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Flames 2

On 03/10/2021 at 00:34, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, impressive - but what has his being Irish or not got to do with anything..?! 

Nothing at all, just I didn’t know he was Irish and wasn’t expecting the accent. Just pointing out things I observed during his interviews 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I decided to have a look on your recommendation, and found this.  What an impressive man he is.

https://www.the42.ie/curtis-fleming-interview-5128876-Jun2020/

Thanks for posting the link. I’ve just read the article. Very impressive as you say. His determination and decency shine through. I think we’re very lucky to have him. Another masterstroke by big Nige.

• Like 2