IGNORED

Watford

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

They are  not that poorly ran , never really in financial crisis and spend as much time in the prem as they do the championship.

i would much rather be in their position than ours .

Nice opinion. but I disagree. they'll be back in the championship next season 

19 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

Poorly ran club. Incredibly grateful to have someone like SL.

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

They are  not that poorly ran , never really in financial crisis and spend as much time in the prem as they do the championship.

i would much rather be in their position than ours .

I agree with both of you

33 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

Poorly ran club. Incredibly grateful to have someone like SL.

2 promotions to the Premier League, 1 automatic the other via the play-offs.

2 other play-off appearances.

An FA Cup final.

2 FA Cup semi-finals.

A League Cup semi-final.

That's what Watford FC has achieved since our current owner became chairman/majority shareholder in 2002. 

Some people talk the talk, others just get on and do it. 

If you really want, you can add a further spell of top flight football if you go back to the time our owner first joined as a director in 1996.

Yes, the way they hire and fire managers is bizarre, and they've sailed close to financial ruin too, but on the field they've achieved far, far more in the last 20 years than we have.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

33 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

yo-yo team, can't stay up there and have 3 managers a season... not for me

So you think we wouldn't be a yo-yo club if we ever achieve this much talked-about, but highly elusive, promotion to the Premier League???

I'd bite your hand off for a bit of yo-yo action!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5

Seems a harsh sacking. Won some, lost some unsure what exactly what they expected.

Dunno about basket case however, they spent 4 years in the PL which is longer than a typical yoyo before dropping in the 5th, plus reached the FA Cup final and a semi final in that 5 years.

Many clubs would be quite content with their record in the last decade, not like they're financially run into the ground either. They were but not under the Pozzos.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

2 promotions to the Premier League.

An FA Cup final.

2 FA Cup semi-finals.

A League Cup semi-final.

That's what Watford FC has achieved in the time our current owner became chairman/majority shareholder in 2002. 

Some people talk the talk, others just get on and do it. 

If you really want, you can add a further spell of top flight football if you go back to the time our owner first joined as a director in 1996.

Yes, the way they hire and fire managers is bizarre, and they've sailed close to financial ruin too, but on the field they've achieved far, far more in the last 20 years than we have.  

Out of likes here but was about to post something similar. 

Since 2011 (the year from which the Tweet refers to) they’ve had 5 seasons in the Championship and 6 in the Premier League. 

Whilst the managerial changes from the outside looks crazy, for a club of their size (arguably similar to us) that is very successful. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Look at what they gave achieved in the last ten years compared to us. Not for you? As opposed to just treading water in the championship? OK........

Spot on!

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be for a Watford fan to read some of the nonsense on here. 

Any minute now someone will point out the new training ground and tarted up stadium as reasons we’re somehow better than Watford.  

Do you think Watford are envious of our recent longest ever losing run and longest ever run without a home win? Surely they’d swap a year or two in the Prem and an FA Cup Final for that! 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

haha very true. our time will come

Or, our time was 2017-19. Or 1975-1979.

I'm not sure All Things Come To Ye Who Wait (whilst complying dutifully by ye Financial Fair Play). Abraham Lincoln said: "Things may come to those that wait, but only the things left by those that hustle."

And Watford, and others, hustle. While our Steve, bless him, crossing his "tees" and dotting "eyes" and getting his returns in on time every year, still waits ....

• Haha 2