IGNORED

It's all in the game.

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, miser said:

I was there. My main memory is being moved around the Grandstand, so they could film the "crowd" scenes.

You mean it wasn't a sellout?

Well, I'm shocked.

I thought when Dickie was doing his introduction in the carpark, he was addressing the 1000s locked out, just like at a Rovers game.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Vague memories.
I remember them getting us to cheer when the "next" program was supposed to start. Can't remember how many they filmed at a time, but they broke it into episodes. 

Yes and each new episode seen Dickie Davies change into a different suit as couldn't have people watching it on TV and noticing that he had the same suit on as the previous week although in reality the entire series was filmed in a couple of days.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Yep, I was there too. 

Also remember an almighty scrap in the enclosure right in front of me. No idea what it was about as there were no ‘away’ fans

So it was from 76, assuming that the average age of one of the brawlers was 30 at the time, they'd be 75 now.

Wonder if they'd be up for it still?

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

Yep, I was there too. 

Also remember an almighty scrap in the enclosure right in front of me. No idea what it was about as there were no ‘away’ fans

It all came out in the wash (i.e. the EP) - a group of Rovers yobs (envious no doubt both of our promotion, and City hosting All in the Game) came in looking for trouble, and very much found it.

It took quite a while for the police to sort it out and yank out the warring factions, and much of the fists flying and crowd surging was caught on film behind the incongruously chuckling Dickie Davies.

9 arrests iirc, it was indeed an almighty scrap.

I was in the enclosure. City got knocked out in the later stages so most fans wanted to leave at that point. As they were filming several episodes on the trot, they needed people to stay so at least there would be a crowd, so I remember them almost begging us to remain behind. I think I left.