IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Silvio Dante

Just now, Sturny said:

At best I can see him going to a desperate lower champ team sometime around Jan or after. If not then L1! 

It’ll all depend on how good shape he gets himself in - he is capable, in his best days at Cardiff he was absolutely loved (and was in really good nick). 

But he defo won’t be commanding 20k now that’s for sure. 

Peterborough wouldn’t be the worst shout. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’ll all depend on how good shape he gets himself in - he is capable, in his best days at Cardiff he was absolutely loved (and was in really good nick). 

But he defo won’t be commanding 20k now that’s for sure. 

Peterborough wouldn’t be the worst shout. 

Just in time to play for Posh at Ashton Gate and to do a "Szmodics' on us! 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Not. A. Chance. 

19k at Cardiff apparently. Rovers could pay a max of 3k I’d expect. 

The club said he left after lengthy discussions, he may well have got a pay off which would enable him to take a cut somewhere. Can't see him in L2 though.

But if so, Barton and Tomlin - what could possibly go wrong ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He reminded me of Jackie. Mercurial but awol for long periods during agame.

Good analogy.I never really understood why Jackie was so popular,never really did much apart from a cup game.brilliant player in his day but very inconsistent

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I still remember all those on here telling us that Warnock will get a tune out of him and show Johnson how to use a player like him. A succession of all old school Managers have all failed equally to do any better than LJ did with him.

As if to prove the point, it was Neil Harris who had him playing by far his best football at Cardiff. Warnock couldn't get him going and it sounds like McCarthy has barely tried to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

A “scumbag” who has been open about his mental health difficulties in the last few years. Just because he left our club doesn’t mean you have to condemn him to unemployment.

So because someone says they have/had mental health issues are we no longer allowed to criticise them at all, or call them names on a forum?  

Did Tomlin claim any issues whatsoever whilst playing superbly when on loan, and applying himself like a true professional? Regardless, the way he conducted himself AFTER he signed a great contract with us (and it seems every other club), then he is a complete ****** imo. We were warned by other fans who were spot on, with many telling us exactly what he would be like once signed. 

His wages are basically paid by us, the supporters. Many of which are not well off, wealthy sorts. Yet when this footballer signs a deal after putting in 100% (at other clubs as well), he seems to think it is fine to just down tools, and turn into a complete tosser. So any criticism and name calling is justified imo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Curse me for saying so, but I really enjoyed watching him play, could use that type of talent in the team today, if not the chap himself 

Must say I found it ironic, a post about Tomlin from "Out of his pie crust"!!!

?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He may struggle for another contract elsewhere, with the financial climate most of the football league is in why would anyone take a chance on someone who has played less than 100 games in the last 5 or 6 years?

Welcome to Ipswich Mr Tomlin

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

The affair was well known, as is the threat to whack lee johnson. But overall just rubbing it in peoples faces that he could make money from a talent with no application or effort,,,, with kids looking up to him

Really? 
I had no idea about threatening to hit LJ - apart from on these chat rooms where apparently Flint was another one who wanted a pop at LJ. In fact, apparently the whole squad wanted to attack LJ - and even the Tea Lady was ready to pour boiling tea over him after the squad had sparked him out!!!!!!!

I’ve never seen anything official about Tomlin though……

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As if to prove the point, it was Neil Harris who had him playing by far his best football at Cardiff. Warnock couldn't get him going and it sounds like McCarthy has barely tried to.

Like Jet when he was at Ipswich, not a McCarthy player, why play either Jet or Tomlin when you have Skuse and Pack at your disposal