IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Silvio Dante

22 minutes ago, grifty said:

Theres a lot of middle aged men obviously in peak physical condition on here making fun of someones weight who, lets face it is going to be in better shape than 99.9% of you.

I agree.

Well said.

Jokes about weight have upset the woke on the politics sub forum.

When I stated Tomlin could be the next James Bond I was 110% serious.

It more than time that a person of girth was represented in cinema as a trained to kill superagent killing all the baddies, saving the world and getting the girl.

20 minutes ago, grifty said:

And some players just cannot achieve physical conditions as everyone else due to their genetic make up. Maybe he knows this which therefore affects his motivation.

He maybe arrogant and cocky, but it doesn't warrant 4 pages of being called fat, a scumbag (!) and a ****. Not sure which word the **** but I presume it wasn't overly nice.

But being genetically different in terms of body shape and fitness is a world away from giving up on working to achieve something better, Wilbs revealed just how he would deliberately eat the wrong things etc, just to get a rise out of the Manager and coaches. I sit here as a 20 stone bloke, trying once again to lose at least some of the extra pounds accumulated during lockdown. I have never been thin, but I know my "fighting weight" and it's about 70lb away, I haven't used any of the terms you mention in your post, but looking at the ones that have they seem to be mostly divorced from his weight. 

• Like 1

For all his football skills Lee comes across as being very insecure and really just wanting to play somewhere where he is popular with the fans and feels appreciated.

He has been open about his mental health problems including at one time seriously considering deliberately crashing off the motorway.

He has been chasing the money at big clubs and it hasn't made him happy especially when the fans get on his back.

He would be best advised to go and play for a small team near Leicester, Northampton Town maybe, where he can be the much loved star player for the next few years and actually enjoy playing football again.

He's earned so much money by now he can surely cease to chase it as it hasn't made him happy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

For all his football skills Lee comes across as being very insecure and really just wanting to play somewhere where he is popular with the fans and feels appreciated.

He has been open about his mental health problems including at one time seriously considering deliberately crashing off the motorway.

He has been chasing the money at big clubs and it hasn't made him happy especially when the fans get on his back.

He would be best advised to go and play for a small team near Leicester, Northampton Town maybe, where he can be the much loved star player for the next few years and actually enjoy playing football again.

He's earned so much money by now he can surely cease to chase it as it hasn't made him happy.

Oh come on… you surely can’t think that Tomlin has been responsible with his money? Although in fairness I base this on absolutely nothing other than the few flashes of his character we’ve seen. I’d say he’s got to be fairly short odds at declaring himself bankrupt in the next 5 years, just strikes me as that sort. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

I agree.

Well said.

Jokes about weight have upset the woke on the politics sub forum.

When I stated Tomlin could be the next James Bond I was 110% serious.

It more than time that a person of girth was represented in cinema as a trained to kill superagent killing all the baddies, saving the world and getting the girl nanny....

:mellow:

4 hours ago, grifty said:

And some players just cannot achieve physical conditions as everyone else due to their genetic make up. Maybe he knows this which therefore affects his motivation.

He maybe arrogant and cocky, but it doesn't warrant 4 pages of being called fat, a scumbag (!) and a ****. Not sure which word the **** but I presume it wasn't overly nice.

Hang on a minute, he lost 2 stone a couple of years ago and was extremely fit and trim after hitting the gym, so to simply blame it on genetics is just complete bull - or is it pick and choose when the genetics work or not, the same as his mental health? The bloke is just a wasted talent, obviously cannot motivate himself to make a right go at football - apart from when he is on loan at clubs and chasing a nice new big contract for himself. He then inevitably gets the contract after working hard but then predictably reverts to type of doing what he wants to do, and basically steals a living. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Hang on a minute, he lost 2 stone a couple of years ago and was extremely fit and trim after hitting the gym, so to simply blame it on genetics is just complete bull - or is it pick and choose when the genetics work or not, the same as his mental health? The bloke is just a wasted talent, obviously cannot motivate himself to make a right go at football - apart from when he is on loan at clubs and chasing a nice new big contract for himself. He then inevitably gets the contract after working hard but then predictably reverts to type of doing what he wants to do, and basically steals a living. Rinse and repeat. 

I agree, he’s able to get fit enough to play whatever level he’s needed to, to earn the big contract.

He has other issues admittedly, character flaws.  But if Man City came knocking for £100k p.w. He’d get fit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Calm down. I don't know Tomlin, don't watch him train, or know the insides of his mind so am using common sense to come up with a possible reason as to why he is unable to maintain the physical condition he can get himself into on a few occasions rather than calling him a fat, waste of space scumbag.

I stand by this statement - "some players just cannot achieve physical conditions as everyone else due to their genetic make up". It could be that when he moves to a new club or feels the threat of losing his current contract his mental state improves and he's able to get into better shape. Gets the new contract and that 'fear' is gone and he slumps back. Doesn't make him a scumbag or deserving 4 pages of pie puns. Almost everyone would do the same in their own job.

Edited by grifty
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, grifty said:

Calm down. I don't know Tomlin, don't watch him train, or know the insides of his mind so am using common sense to come up with a possible reason as to why he is unable to maintain the physical condition he can get himself into on a few occasions rather than calling him a fat, waste of space scumbag.  You don't know him, you don't watch him train either (neither do I), but you are happy to guess what is wrong with him and why he is unable to maintain his "fit" weight? If he can get himself fit and trim when he wants to, as he lost 2 stone a couple of years ago, I will use my own common sense and guess he puts the weight back on because he is isn't working hard enough to keep himself fit, or he isn't eating healthily enough - simply because he cannot be bothered. It isn't rocket science. 

I stand by this statement - "some players just cannot achieve physical conditions as everyone else due to their genetic make up". But he can when he wants to, as has been proven.

It could be that when he moves to a new club or feels the threat of losing his current contract his mental state improves and he's able to get into better shape. Gets the new contract and that 'fear' is gone and he slumps back. Doesn't make him a scumbag or deserving 4 pages of pie puns. Almost everyone would do the same in their own job. So you think he feels the threat of LOSING his current contract his mental state actually improves and he can get into better shape? Surely it would be the opposite wouldn't it. I stand by my initial point, when he needs a new club and contract, he sorts himself out for a few months and gets into shape and puts the hours and efforts in. He gets his goal of a new contract and then reverts to type of being a waste. The "fear" is gone and the slump is back as soon as he gets a contract because he has the money in the bank - we were warned by many fans what would happen. All the facts and proof is out there.

If you feel so strongly that he is a waste, money grabbing and stealing a living, why do you contact him on social media to inform him? I expect you to hide behind your keyboard throwing out comments though...  I think he is a wasted talent, and has stole a living from paying supporters once he has his new signed multi million pound contract. I made a comment on an open forum, on a thread that is titled "Lee Tomlin" with an opinion that I hold, along with many others, about that person. Do you think everyone with a low opinion on anyone should go and find them on Social Media to tell them what they think of them, as that is a very strange stance to have imo? 

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

No, I don't know him, but my first thought wasn't HAHA he's fat.

I agree with your 2nd point. Just that potentially it could be his mental state that lets him down rather than being a scumbag.

It wasn't you that made those comments so have removed them from my post as was not correct to your post.

21 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Well it won't be Posh then

Clickety Click

“Lee will get a good club in January. He’s too good for Leagues One and Two, but if someone offered him a three-year contract on good money he would be tempted."

If someone offers him a three year contract on good money, they’d have to be certified insane. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

“Lee will get a good club in January. He’s too good for Leagues One and Two, but if someone offered him a three-year contract on good money he would be tempted."

If someone offers him a three year contract on good money, they’d have to be certified insane. 

I read the same thing ?

11 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes stop these james bonds puns.

It may surprise you to learn neil harris played him

Getaway with you!

Must have been between Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig?

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh come on… you surely can’t think that Tomlin has been responsible with his money? Although in fairness I base this on absolutely nothing other than the few flashes of his character we’ve seen. I’d say he’s got to be fairly short odds at declaring himself bankrupt in the next 5 years, just strikes me as that sort. 

I know he has invested in properties so he's been quite sensible. Major thing with him is fitness. While in Cardiff and probably elsewhere it was takeaways every night.