IGNORED

Social media crashing

phantom

• Admin
13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Wish it would come back, to be fair. I feel a bit lost without FB and Whatsapp, and I'm an old ******.

I'm wondering if Ian (of R. Bristol fame) could come on here and explain to us what the **** is going on.

He's over on the ziderheads forum should you ever wish to chat

Worst thing is tonight I really needed to chat with someone who is only on Facebook etc

• Admin
7 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Been down for 4 hrs now, what’s the deal ? Upgrade screwed up or has it been hacked ... seems a long time to wait 

Probably both false stories but someone from the NY Times claimed that staff passes would not work so nobody could get in to fix the problems 

Also reportedly over $7b wiped off Zuckerberg share value 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s DNS related - Facebook have 14 DNS servers, replicated etc. But all of them are offline and all the entries held on them gone.   It could possibly a cyber attack for sure. Certainly the period of time is getting to point where people will start to wonder 

I hope they have got a decent backup then, that’s a hell of a lot of data to lose 

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

I hope they have got a decent backup then, that’s a hell of a lot of data to lose 

I have no idea about anything IT related but just read that Facebook is not just down but it’s completely gone - could this be true?

Edited by Rob k

15 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I have no idea about anything IT related but just read that Facebook is not just down but it’s completely gone - could this be true?

Yeah I've seen that. Lots of rumours about data being sold on the dark Web. I did get an email earlier from Microsoft saying my account may have been accessed and to change my password. Maybe coincidence ?

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s an awful take. All that’s gone is the routing.  The guy who tweeted it originally is absolute click bait merchant 

Facebook have certainly gone very quiet.  I can understand losing one of their route tables accidentally but not all of them.  Likely hacked then which raises a question about our personal data.