IGNORED

Billy Woof

Bristol Oil Services

Anyone over 50 remember Billy Woof? Played for Middlesbrough, early 80s. You think I make this up, but it's true: Mr and Mrs Woof of Gateshead had a boy in the 50s and they called him William.

Anyway, he's in my Great Name X1 along with Steve DEATH, Reading keeper in the 70s.

1. Steve DEATH

9. Billy WOOF

I could use some more (come on, it's another tedious international break, with not enough to moan about with the City as we speak), help me out here ....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Anyone over 50 remember Billy Woof? Played for Middlesbrough, early 80s. You think I make this up, but it's true: Mr and Mrs Woof of Gateshead had a boy in the 50s and they called him William.

Anyway, he's in my Great Name X1 along with Steve DEATH, Reading keeper in the 70s.

1. Steve DEATH

9. Billy WOOF

I could use some more (come on, it's another tedious international break, with not enough to moan about with the City as we speak), help me out here ....

I see your Steve Death and raise you a Norman Conquest, who once conceded 17 goals against an English FA XI in 1951 for Australia...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

1. Steve DEATH

9. Billy WOOF

I don't want to credit Swinetown but Danny Invincible is a strong name.

Marvelous Nakamba is one of my current faves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Paul Dickov has to be a shoe in... As should (David) Currie and (Brian) Rice as a pair.

With Tony Cook in goal? Admittedly he would have been about 80 to play in the same team as them.