IGNORED

A Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle United is close to being agreed.

Jerseybean

9 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Local historians say it was something to do with the historic football club, who played their games in the city before all sport was made illegal following Bet365's brutal invasion of Denmark in 2084. 

Bet 365 will have to fight Tesco pretty hard if they want Denmark...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

great news. be good to see another club up there challenging. i for one get fed up with listening about Liverpool and the 2 Manchester clubs. Bring it on. 

What makes you think they will be up there challenging?

Always find it strange that neutral fans are so against these kind of takeovers.

I really don't mind a club spending a s**t tonne and actually feel FFP being amended to allow this may be a good thing.

I like the idea that a big injection of money could change the fortunes of a club - I'd much rather that than see the usual "big 4-6" hoard the wealth and trophies year after year whilst every other club competes for 7th place.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Always find it strange that neutral fans are so against these kind of takeovers.

I really don't mind a club spending a s**t tonne and actually feel FFP being amended to allow this may be a good thing.

I like the idea that a big injection of money could change the fortunes of a club - I'd much rather that than see the usual "big 4-6" hoard the wealth and trophies year after year whilst every other club competes for 7th place.

Prob because it's Newcastle.

As much as I would like City to be on the big stage, competing at the highest level, I wouldn’t want the club to become a plaything for an investor who hadn’t a ‘feel’ for BCFC or Bristol. 
How many Man City fans of old are really happy to see their club wrenched out of their community to become a soulless brand where money buys the trophies.

Iam sure that after the initial euphoria they now realise how far removed  from ‘their’ club it has become.

Thank Bob for Uncle Steve. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As much as I would like City to be on the big stage, competing at the highest level, I wouldn’t want the club to become a plaything for an investor who hadn’t a ‘feel’ for BCFC or Bristol. 
How many Man City fans of old are really happy to see their club wrenched out of their community to become a soulless brand where money buys the trophies.

Iam sure that after the initial euphoria they now realise how far removed  from ‘their’ club it has become.

Thank Bob for Uncle Steve. 

To be fair - their owners have done a fair bit in the local community.

Re the Super League, I got the feeling that it was American Execs that were overall to blame for that fiasco, i.e. Bruce Buck at Chelsea.

Leicester show how it should be done. Overall material wealth means nothing unless used strategically.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akira said:

After they "were caught" committed state sponsored murder in the Turkish embassy with a journalist who they didn't like, I'm amazed that anyone can be OK with this. 

I have corrected this for you. If you think they are the only country to do this ( including western countries) you are deluded.

• Like 2

I really don’t get the narrative of how Newcastle fans have been so badly treated and how they deserve so much more, it just seems they’re happy paying £300-400 for a season ticket and expect the owner to pay multi millions every season whereas he seems to have tried to run them to be sustainable with the odd PR disaster thrown in 

They’re currently where they deserve, Bruce might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s kept them there despite their so called support while they continue playing the victim 

• Like 6

Newcastle's problem before was when they filled out their Owners and directors fitness form in the box where it says "do you promise not to throw gays out of minneret windows?"  They ticked no.

Its all now been resolved as they've ticked the unsure box. Good enough for the premier league I'm sure...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Akira said:

After theycommitted state sponsored murder in the Turkish embassy with a journalist who they didn't like, I'm amazed that anyone can be OK with this. 

It’s funny how the people at the top of English football will push campaigns about equality and rashfords campaign for kids ( rightly so) and then bury their head in the sands when it comes to the Saudis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

The only good thing to come from this is it will certainly upset the plastics up and down the land

All the tourist fans from Bristol who support Liverpool and Utd will soon be moaning about how much Newcastle have to spend . I don’t agree with the takeover due to human rights issues but seeing all the plastics upset will be amazing .

• Like 1