IGNORED

A Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle United is close to being agreed.

Jerseybean

The url is somewhat clunky let's say, and seems to combine some post match reaction with this story but anyway...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natural-finisher-ive-worked-with

What do we think? Worthy of prosecution- in the public interest, attempt at censorship? A complaint was made about a Holmesdale end banner basically and police are investigating.

2437.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Plus forgot to add, a sensible use of police resources?

Princes of the type you find in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states- well I'll choose my words carefully but it's fair to say they don't much care for criticism or being told 'no'.

Plus a statement by the HF.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The url is somewhat clunky let's say, and seems to combine some post match reaction with this story but anyway...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natural-finisher-ive-worked-with

What do we think? Worthy of prosecution- in the public interest, attempt at censorship? A complaint was made about a Holmesdale end banner basically and police are investigating.

Princes of the type you find in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states- well I'll choose my words carefully but it's fair to say they don't much care for criticism or being told 'no'.

I think it’s ridiculous that the police are investigating. Let’s hope it’s just that someone made a complaint and they have to be seen to be following up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

I think it’s ridiculous that the police are investigating. Let’s hope it’s just that someone made a complaint and they have to be seen to be following up.

I suspect this is it. If someone has reported it then the police can’t really say “nah, we’re not gonna be looking into this one” but I struggle to believe that they will find an offence has been committed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect this is it. If someone has reported it then the police can’t really say “nah, we’re not gonna be looking into this one” but I struggle to believe that they will find an offence has been committed.

I’d hope so. I don’t see anything particularly offensive on that poster.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So police in a democracy (where you have a right to protest) looking into a poster criticising a regime of a country where protesting gets you jailed or much worse.

Where to start….?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have to say, quite rare for OTIB. A unanimity that police investigation a nonsense. :D

Agree BTW, since when was the truth an indictable issue eg. I wonder who complained! Should be done with wasting police time if anything.

I suspect an ill thought through and rather pathetic attempt by fans of a certain team, to try and deflect attention from their new owners

I mentioned the Saudis, FFP and PL a while ago.

Seems that the PL clubs are voting to tighten the regulations about fair value of sponsorship.

Yes of course they will be allowed Saudi sponsors but there will be a fair value rule. There already is but PL appointed industry experts would adjudicate on this. While it can say what it likes in the accounts, I guess in the event of disagreement, the amount that could be included in FFP calculations would be what the PL Fair Value people deem fit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10309303/Premier-League-clubs-vote-curb-spending-power-Newcastle-United.html

Will go for all clubs of course.

In layman's terms, stadium naming rights for St James Park independently adjudicated at £10m per year but Riyadh airlines 'offer' £50m per year?

£10m for FFP purposes probably, excess excluded for FFP purposes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous