IGNORED

Snus?

RedRoss

I have lived in Sweden and it is common there to see men with packets of the stuff packed behind their upper lips.

The quouted "unnamed League One boss" says "Last year muscle injuries were up and generally that was put down to Covid and the games being on average every 3.2 days.  But I believe probably half were down to snus."

Can we think of a Champioship club that had many muscle injuries last year?  Was there a snus connection?

• Hmmm 1

The old London Branch of the Supporters Club often hung out with the Scandinavian Branch (more punters than you'd imagine, the result of City's pre-season tours there,) many of whom loved packing their upper lips with tobacco. Looked like finely ground coffee, came in a tin and was packed with such force between upper lip and gum, their lip became fully distended. They walked around like Kenny Ball in full flow.....

11 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It's just a nicotine product, you can buy it over the counter in Asdals, with Amy stimulant it may provide a small performance boost. 

Wilbraham used to drink a redbull before K.O same kind of thing. 

I wouldn't look at it like smoking/tobacco - but it's certainly strong and highly addictive 

Not good for your gums, I suspect…

8 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Here are some of the effects it has on performance....

That's the players  working  through Dave Rennie's fitness programme for the international break. 

13 hours ago, grifty said:

Why is it so popular with baseball? It still seems to be a thing!

Concentration probably, a bigger nicotine buzz than cigarettes, maybe old time players used to advertise it? Dunno really,  I think really it's still a thing because you aren't allowed to smoke in lots of jobs over here,I work in the oilfield so it's very popular as we aren't allowed to smoke, lots of other jobs similar