IGNORED

good news all female officials for Andorra v England

Wouldn’t it be great if, with the introduction of women officiating, football decide to extend their ‘respect’ campaign to the referee?

Absolute pleasure watching rugby and the control and respect officials demand from the players and the understanding that both official and players have a responsibility for providing a good, fair and entertaining spectacle for the fans. 

Thought the women did ok tonight meself.

• Like 1

I think it's great, female officials are equally capable of making bad decisions and should be given every opportunity to do so. 

The only thing that really bugged me last night was the length of time the VAR decision took for the 1st goal, but that's another discussion really. 

I think the players behaviour and reaction to decisions does seem far more circumspect, less intimidating maybe? Which could be a good thing if it spreads to all officials.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 15:02, AppyDAZE said:

The referee's a manual manipulator

You don't know what you're doing

Who's the bastard in the black?

Cheat cheat cheat

Are we going to have to come up with a whole new set of chants for the officials?

Just posing the question.

I've not ONCE seen any debate over whether these chants are offensive, so why should that change now?

True, but I suspect that the classic “I can smell your c*** from here” might draw a little more criticism.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

No, not my point at all. These teams shouldn’t be running round taking cheap shots at decent players. These games are a complete and utter waste of time.

Sure, I sympathise with this point, just saying that the Nations League makes better competitive games. Whether there should be a removal of the smaller teams from actual qualifying, or even a ‘pre-qualifying’ I don’t know.