IGNORED

G Mc G on Benjamin Bloom Channel.

MJP3

Well that helped some of my withdrawal symptoms.
Nice listen, though not sure what G McG expected from Matty James. I normally don't 'do' many Pods, but just sat through both. Shows there is a bit of a feel good factor around at the moment.

I did expect you to get the Hamstring comparison graph out at one stage Dave, maybe next time ?

Rob Atkinson was only at Oxford for one season but his CB class was apparent and he was coveted by other ‘bigger’ clubs and City did well to get him - was it Nige who actually signed him? or was he already on City's radar under LJ/Holden

He really has the ability to become another Webster and if he continues to impress over the season he’ll be a serious candidate for PotY.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rob Atkinson was only at Oxford for one season but his CB class was apparent and he was coveted by other ‘bigger’ clubs and City did well to get him - was it Nige who actually signed him? or was he already on City's radar under LJ/Holden

He really has the ability to become another Webster and if he continues to impress over the season he’ll be a serious candidate for PotY.

Gregor hopefully has an article out today following an interview with Sean Gilhespy, so we might get some insight.

It appears that with Tanner there is a bit of a process of keeping tabs on players let go by the “big boys” which makes a lot of sense.  Interesting that Tanner was at Morecambe on loan, (before going to Salford, released by Man Utd and then to Carlisle) was replaced by Cooney (from Burnley) who Harry really rates.  I think that North West connection to the PL clubs is what we miss in this Region.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Pretty sure Matty James has a couple of assists (King goal at Boro and Thompson OG at Peterborough)?

Doesn’t get the assist for Thompson og…..bonkers I know.  Shows the dangers of looking at raw numbers.  Slightly different with Massengo v QPR, he did the leg-work.

Edited by Davefevs

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Doesn’t get the assist for Thompson og…..bonkers I know.  Shows the dangers of looking at raw numbers.  Slightly different with Massengo v QPR, he did the leg-work.

An ‘assist’ means the final pass resulting in a goal which can be and often is misleading. As you say HNM did all the donkey work at Loftus Rd but Weimann gets the assist and in the Bloom cast GmG said that Massengo has no assists - doesn’t seem fair on any player who creates a goal but doesn’t make the final pass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

An ‘assist’ means the final pass resulting in a goal which can be and often is misleading. As you say HNM did all the donkey work at Loftus Rd but Weimann gets the assist and in the Bloom cast GmG said that Massengo has no assists - doesn’t seem fair on any player who creates a goal but doesn’t make the final pass.

My Wyscout data has “second” assists of which Han has 3 this season - QPR and 2xCardiff.