IGNORED

2,300 bournemouth followers heading to the Gate,BUT

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

I always thought they were poorly supported so that's not a bad away following.

Nice easy trip, recently a Prem side and expected to be there or there abouts. I'd be surprised if they didn't have 2,000+, I think it may be their shortest trip possibly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The OS says over 18 000 tickets have been sold so far so thats not too many home fans.

Still 9 days until the fixture, that is very good ticket sales for a team that haven't won at home since Jesus was on the cross!

28 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Since coming out of lockdown it seems crowds are down all over the country.

I think it's going to be a while before we get back to the mid to low 20's. 

The slowly improving performances are helping.

Crowds are down all over the country, although I disagree it will take a while to hit low 20s, I think there will be 21,000 ish for the Bournemouth match.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

although I disagree it will take a while to hit low 20s, I think there will be 21,000 ish for the Bournemouth match

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant consistently back at that number week in week out. 

Agree with you that the Bournemouth game will see a decent number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Nice easy trip, recently a Prem side and expected to be there or there abouts. I'd be surprised if they didn't have 2,000+, I think it may be their shortest trip possibly.

Despite it being close on the map, it’s far from an easy trip.

Ballache of a journey.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, 2 1/4, 2 1/2 hours by road, don't even think of the train 3 1/2 at least !

Sat 16th dept Bournemouth 09.22 arrive BTM 11.50, dept Bournemouth 09.59 arrive BTM  12.30. 

Quite an easy trip but a good following. See a lot more Bournemouth shirts about when down that way than there used to be.

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

800?!

They used to struggle to bring 500, 15 years ago.

Really small club till their recent success. 

Boxing Day, 2-2 draw in our promotion season! We came from 2-0 down I think. Remember thinking their 800 or so was poor but indeed that was one of their better followings here. They are still a really small club in my view, a southern version of Wigan if you will.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Boxing Day, 2-2 draw in our promotion season! We came from 2-0 down I think. Remember thinking their 800 or so was poor but indeed that was one of their better followings here. They are still a really small club in my view, a southern version of Wigan if you will.

It's hard not to have been jealous of their recent success, I keep asking myself if they could do it why not us?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Sat 16th dept Bournemouth 09.22 arrive BTM 11.50, dept Bournemouth 09.59 arrive BTM  12.30. 

Quite an easy trip but a good following. See a lot more Bournemouth shirts about when down that way than there used to be.

I've done it loads through the years, but it just depends on getting the right connection at Soton, it can delay you by 1/2 to 3/4 hour if the TM to Pompey train is delayed (that's obviously going from TM to Bourn.)

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

They are (at heart) a third tier club who got lucky..............they spent more time in Div 4 than the Prem !

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I've done it loads through the years, but it just depends on getting the right connection at Soton, it can delay you by 1/2 to 3/4 hour if the TM to Pompey train is delayed (that's obviously going from TM to Bourn.)

Yep.

The last time I did TM to Bournemouth it was about 3 hours in both directions and it was the wait at Soton Central that did it. Half an hour at least.

Im guessing the service has improved since then?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Must be the first time ever they have come to AG as favourites to win a match ?

I really hope we end our poor home form against them.

They came in Feb 87 top of Div 3, with SO'D bossing their midfield. Bought 1200 which was loads for them. 14,500 crowd. We won 2:0, they went up as Champions.