IGNORED

Cotts vs Ashton Match Day Thread

One Team

City legend vs City knave. 

Or simply Ipswich vs Shrewsbury. 

With no City today this is where my attention is drawn like I am sure some of you. 

Really hope Cotts gets a win on the road here and gets to wipe Ashton’s face it in the process. It’s going to be a tough ask given their form but Ipswich haven’t been great this season as we know. 

Let’s hope there is no Ashton pitch side celebrating come 5pm! ?

Also note that LJ comes up against Matty Taylor this afternoon! 

1 hour ago, One Team said:

City legend vs City knave. 

Or simply Ipswich vs Shrewsbury. 

With no City today this is where my attention is drawn like I am sure some of you. 

Really hope Cotts gets a win on the road here and gets to wipe Ashton’s face it in the process. It’s going to be a tough ask given their form but Ipswich haven’t been great this season as we know. 

Let’s hope there is no Ashton pitch side celebrating come 5pm! ?

Also note that LJ comes up against Matty Taylor this afternoon! 

Sunderland game postponed.

Only four games in L1 today, postponements due to international call ups, including Accrington v Fleetwood and Morecambe v Cambridge...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Slightly off the topic of these two but Darren Moore walking a tight rope with Chansiri apparently and they need a result today against Bolton.

That seems harsh - rebuilt side and in touch. It’s not a Paul Cook/Ashton shitshow there.

For my Saturday without city I’m watching Yate Town vs Chesham. The Chesham skipper may be the fattest footballer I’ve seen. For a moment I thought Tomlin had found a new club 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That seems harsh - rebuilt side and in touch. It’s not a Paul Cook/Ashton shitshow there.

For my Saturday without city I’m watching Yate Town vs Chesham. The Chesham skipper may be the fattest footballer I’ve seen. For a moment I thought Tomlin had found a new club 

Owls just gone one up

Think Cotts might be in some trouble, results have been poor & he seems to be losing the goodwill he had as a result of his health issues with some typically spiky press conferences.

Sad to see but even though he’s close to the chairman I don’t think he’ll be in charge there for too much longer.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Cotts might be in some trouble, results have been poor & he seems to be losing the goodwill he had as a result of his health issues with some typically spiky press conferences.

Sad to see but even though he’s close to the chairman I don’t think he’ll be in charge there for too much longer.

Unfortunately I think you are right mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

A shame if he does get the Spanish archer - would it be seen as kicking a man when he`s down by the fans?

Is Wilbs there as well now? If Cotts does move on it could be the perfect job for him to step into and start his managerial career but I suspect he wouldn`t want to be seen as maybe disloyal to SC which is understandable.

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A shame if he does get the Spanish archer - would it be seen as kicking a man when he`s down by the fans?

Is Wilbs there as well now? If Cotts does move on it could be the perfect job for him to step into and start his managerial career but I suspect he wouldn`t want to be seen as maybe disloyal to SC which is understandable.

Yes, still there as assistant. He didn’t do a bad job as caretaker, so seems a possibility in the event that Cotts did move on. 

• Thanks 1