IGNORED

What away match brings back the great memories

City oz

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

Been to loads of away games over the years but the one game that springs to mind is the 0:1 victory at Arsenal on the opening day of the season after promotion to the fist devision. I’m glad I was there!

Me too. My brother in law is a Arsenal freak and when we have a barny I still mention our great win and totally has no come back.

• Like 2

Cardiff 3-1 in 2001 with the great Murray celebration and a bit of a random one Reading 3-1 again around 2001. Lee matthews and peacock were playing like Yorke and Cole that night, topped off by some kids in front of us mooning the Reading fans ?.

special mention to WBA in the fa cup in 2016 cracking atmosphere that day. 

59 minutes ago, City oz said:

This is my other one. I remember this like yesterday. The atmosphere was one of the best.

I was sat in the stand next to a Coventry fan during this game.

We argued throughout the game, it got quite nasty and we almost came to blows at one stage.

At the end of the game, when we were both safe, we hugged each other and went onto the pitch together as the best of friends.

The most sureal game I have ever been to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bradford 1989 - quarter final of the league cup - what an atmosphere ...

It was the sense of relief at the end having scored so early and Bradford battering us for what seemed like about three hours!

That and Paul Jewell`s snotty comments about them having an easy run to the next round after drawing us - have that you arrogant *****!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

We argued throughout the game, it got quite nasty and we almost came to blows at one stage.

At the end of the game, when we were both safe, we hugged each other and went onto the pitch together as the best of friends.

I was in my teens nd I remember that night so well. The night started off a bit aggresive with me and my mate from Bris school encouraged his older brother to take us.

we were at an end of the ground full of City supporters on a lower level with Coventry fans above us. I remember so much shit thrown at us at it was a bit of a worry as we were only in our teens.

we sang and we sang and we sang and I will always remember that night.

I suppose we al have great memories of away matches and it depends on which era and who you went with and how important the match was at that time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Nothing comes close to that game or ever will

• Like 5

I'm going to go for a more recent one, Man City at the Etihad in the Carbao Cup. The atmosphere was amazing all game but when we went 1 nil up just before half time the roof came off. I think this will always stick in my mind because it's not often in my lifetime we've be 1 nil up away against the Champions and also it's not often we reach that stage of a competition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pearcy said:

I'm going to go for a more recent one, Man City at the Etihad in the Carbao Cup. The atmosphere was amazing all game but when we went 1 nil up just before half time the roof came off. I think this will always stick in my mind because it's not often in my lifetime we've be 1 nil up away against the Champions and also it's not often we reach that stage of a competition.

In your era yes and most probably the best ones ever.

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Nothing comes close to that game or ever will

I think I’d probably agree with you. I was at all the games mentioned above so far, and if I was forced to choose one it would probably be that Coventry game.

It felt like you just had to be there, however, whatever, and I don’t think I’ve ever been to an away game with so many City fans. And they seemed to be everywhere outside and inside the ground.

Then there was the utter despair when it looked like we were going to lose. The ecstasy of pulling the deficit back - and if I remember right a draw was good enough for us whatever happened at Sunderland. 

Then the tension of hanging on to that draw.

And the celebrations afterwards. Although I don’t have quite the same memory of that as some: my mate had come up from London and when he was on his way back to the station to get a train got punched by a Coventry fan. 

• Robin 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think I’d probably agree with you. I was at all the games mentioned above so far, and if I was forced to choose one it would probably be that Coventry game.

It felt like you just had to be there, however, whatever, and I don’t think I’ve ever been to an away game with so many City fans. And they seemed to be everywhere outside and inside the ground.

Then there was the utter despair when it looked like we were going to lose. The ecstasy of pulling the deficit back - and if I remember right a draw was good enough for us whatever happened at Sunderland. 

Then the tension of hanging on to that draw.

And the celebrations afterwards. Although I don’t have quite the same memory of that as some: my mate had come up from London and when he was on his way back to the station to get a train got punched by a Coventry fan. 

I was in the open end right behind the goal where we scored, right in amongst the mob that you can see jumping up, about 10 of us bunked off school as 14 year olds and we were spotted by teachers on the TV getting on the coach at AG before the game.

• Robin 2

Far too many to list all. But a few that will live with me forever. not just for result.

Cardiff 2001, Mansfield 4-5, most Blackpool trips win, lose or draw :laugh: , charlton Tuesday night when we went top of championship, both Newcastle trips, Fulham is always good, in fact I love most London games.

Notts County Tinmans 500th game.

For me, it has to be April 1965 when City beat Shrewsbury away, with John Atyeo scoring 4 second half goals. There were no YouTube videos in those days so I’ve recaptured, with a bit of art work, the third City goal as Atyeo leaps high above the Shrewsbury centre half to power a header into the net

PS - I am available for commissions if anyone would like a memorable moment of their life recreated as a piece of art 

33E1C786-FF33-4AE2-8774-6454DE6BFAA6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 2

I think our win in the Freight rover trophy 3-0 against Bolton in 1985 is mine, how proud I felt watching my team walk out onto the pitch at Wembley stadium and being surrounded by so many fellow city fans we won it a few times after that but that first ever visit to Wembley and the result made it a day I and many will never forget. 

• Like 7