IGNORED

If only we still had him now.

City oz

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

That's a bit like Preston wishing they had Beckham a couple years after he broke into the Man U side.

Tammy is way out of our league now.

Not really, Beckham played 5 games for Preston.

Tammy played 41 and scored 23 in the league in a season we would/could have gone down without his goals.

DB had little to no impact on Prestons season, Tammy had a huge impact on ours.

• Like 2

I know what you're saying OP, but he was only on loan so never really our player. It's when we have contracted players that move on to 'bigger/better' clubs to further their careers because it makes me sad that we are still way behind the curve, and not expected to achieve anything.

Take HNM, probably the most exciting player, and the fantastic prospect Alex Scott. I don't want them to move on to a better clubs, but realisically we'll lose them both, possibly this season. Our only hope in these circumstances is to upcycle our squad quickly and get into a position to make these sort of players believe that we can go with them on their journey. A tall order.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I know what you're saying OP, but he was only on loan so never really our player. It's when we have contracted players that move on to 'bigger/better' clubs to further their careers because it makes me sad that we are still way behind the curve, and not expected to achieve anything.

Take HNM, probably the most exciting player, and the fantastic prospect Alex Scott. I don't want them to move on to a better clubs, but realisically we'll lose them both, possibly this season. Our only hope in these circumstances is to upcycle our squad quickly and get into a position to make these sort of players believe that we can go with them on their journey. A tall order.

But, I am afraid that is football. There will always be a bigger club, more money, better chances of winning things, if you have a talented player he is going to attract suitors. 

Just the way it is.

32 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

But, I am afraid that is football. There will always be a bigger club, more money, better chances of winning things, if you have a talented player he is going to attract suitors. 

Just the way it is.

Yep. Life is life.

It's the hope that gets me ...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Just the way it is.

I suppose the frustration is which clubs are currently seen as "bigger, better, and with more chance of winning things":

• Lloyd Kelly moved to the "bigger and better" Bouremouth
  • Bobby Reid moved to the "bigger and better" Cardiff
  • Joe Bryan moved to the "bigger and better" Fulham
  • Adam Webster moved to the "bigger and better" Brighton
  • Josh Brownhill moved to the "bigger and better" Burnley

I don't really mind us losing our best players as that happens to every club in the world (perhaps bar Real Madrid and Barcelona). I absolutely get why these players move....they would be crazy to turn down premier league football and money.

However, I can see why one might be frustrated about some of the clubs listed above being considered a step up from us. Perhaps that's what @Sleepy1968 was getting at?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I suppose the frustration is which clubs are currently seen as "bigger, better, and with more chance of winning things":

I don't really mind us losing our best players as that happens to every club in the world (perhaps bar Real Madrid and Barcelona). I absolutely get why these players move....they would be crazy to turn down premier league football and money.

However, I can see why one might be frustrated about some of the clubs listed above being considered a step up from us. Perhaps that's what @Sleepy1968 was getting at?

Just imagine what Swindle, the Gas and Villa fans were thinking when Sean Taylor, Matty Taylor and Scott Murray moved to us. 

6 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's not really those clubs in particular (though deep down it might be!), it's more of a frustration that unless and until we can up our levels we're always going to lose players that can get us there before we've given ourselves a chance to get there. Almost a self fulfilling prophecy. It's like only able to run 25 miles of the marathon.

11 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

There is one fact that you are forgetting in that, Tammy was a Chelsea player.